RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all has had an engine failure and gotten any support from corporate or others on repairs?
Engine bearings spun stock 2016 108k
All recall work completed, mainly highway

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hahahaaaaa... Nope. After wasting over $10k on a new engine and having them chase coolant leak issues for 5 weeks, I traded it in.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You need help. Kind of why I replied with the contact information. Sorry I replied.
You read that correct he wasn't specific in the post, you tried to help that's what matters. No good deed goes unpunished. You guys are great with helping others when you can thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No doubt you'll get some really "astute " and negative answers. Here is my personal experience.
Traveling west thru Texas in January I siezed the bottom end in my '17 Big Horn CC at 63,000 mi while towing my camper thru Abilene. FCA covered towing my TT to an RV park, got me a rental vehicle, dealer got expedited delivery of a new complete engine an we were back on the road in 11 days. FCA sent me a check for all out of pocket expenses less food. Personally I have nothing negative to say about them. I would abdolutely give them 5 stars!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
My engine might have failed 6 weeks out of an extended Mopar warranty, with 95K miles. Corporate has been amazingly unhelpful.

Summary: they say they might help, but the engine needs to be torn-down to point of failure to determine what is wrong (which the service center is unwilling to do), and they would need all maintenance records, oil changes, etc. After all this is done (tear-down, etc) at my expense (thousands of dollars), then "maybe" they will help.

Hope you have better luck, so far FCA and JeepCares has been insanely unhelpful. Maybe RamCares is better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have the Maxcare extended warranty?
I had the MaxCare extended warranty (5 years, 100K). It expired in February 2021. My "engine failed" in April 2021: only 6 weeks out of MaxCare and 200 miles since it was last in the shop being worked on under warranty (February 2021).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure where Braumeister landed his failed Eco but I found "Corporate" to be mostly interested in trying to avoid responsibility. I had a engine failure in FL (2015 Eco 49k) during an attempted trip to the West Coast. It was still under powertrain and extended warranty. Towed directly to a dealer where it took a couple of months to find a replacement engine. So, other than the extended out of service period, FCA was honoring warranty. However their dealership made errors when installing the new engine, (failed to connect crank sensor properly). I was unable to drive the vehicle and immediately returned to dealer where, after a week of diagnosis, they and "coporate" claimed I had bad fuel in vheicle that ruined the fuel system. They proposed I pay 9k ti replace fuel system.

I had the vehicle transported back to my home where I found an attorney to sue FCA for breach of warranty. His expert witness diagnosed the problem in 15 minutes and eventually I had it repaired under warranty at a local dealership near my home and the truck ran great with the new engine. However my attorney was able to get a $7k settlement which I used with the money from the class action suit to trade in for a 5.0 gas Ford F150.

I did get some repayment for trip interruption and expenses under MAX Care but it was a PITA and they refused to cover a second period of out of service when the dealer failed to return the vehicle to workiing order.

IMO the Eco is a great idea and an outstanding performer but has the reliabiity of a 60's British auto............which is why the British don't really have an auto industry.
[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
9,675 Posts
Not sure where Braumeister landed his failed Eco but I found "Corporate" to be mostly interested in trying to avoid responsibility. I had a engine failure in FL (2015 Eco 49k) during an attempted trip to the West Coast. It was still under powertrain and extended warranty. Towed directly to a dealer where it took a couple of months to find a replacement engine. So, other than the extended out of service period, FCA was honoring warranty. However their dealership made errors when installing the new engine, (failed to connect crank sensor properly). I was unable to drive the vehicle and immediately returned to dealer where, after a week of diagnosis, they and "coporate" claimed I had bad fuel in vheicle that ruined the fuel system. They proposed I pay 9k ti replace fuel system.

I had the vehicle transported back to my home where I found an attorney to sue FCA for breach of warranty. His expert witness diagnosed the problem in 15 minutes and eventually I had it repaired under warranty at a local dealership near my home and the truck ran great with the new engine. However my attorney was able to get a $7k settlement which I used with the money from the class action suit to trade in for a 5.0 gas Ford F150.

I did get some repayment for trip interruption and expenses under MAX Care but it was a PITA and they refused to cover a second period of out of service when the dealer failed to return the vehicle to workiing order.

IMO the Eco is a great idea and an outstanding performer but has the reliabiity of a 60's British auto............which is why the British don't really have an auto industry.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah some dealers are better than others or should I say some dealers suck! FCA has been pretty good honoring warranty claims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts