RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, that makes a stunning picture with the white on a snowy background! Looks like the linex option for the box feeds the fire.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK Bobcat, in this post you say 'was lucky enough to get a GDE tune in his before the EPA crap" and two posts above you said " 28k miles, 2018 completely stock, " Seems like a conflict to me. Perhaps you can clarify the facts for us.
I think he's saying this unfortunate fellows truck was stock, but Bobcats old man drives an eco for the company that he got tuned before EPA crackdown

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK Bobcat, in this post you say 'was lucky enough to get a GDE tune in his before the EPA crap" and two posts above you said " 28k miles, 2018 completely stock, " Seems like a conflict to me. Perhaps you can clarify the facts for us.
I said I got GDE for my fathers truck, not the one that burned up.
That’s pretty clear.
I also stated the company they work for has 600 of these trucks, and have had a few problems thus far.
The guy that burned up was completely stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are the ones that have their trucks burn to the ground considered the lucky ones?
Why are these guys the lucky ones? Why should FCA be able to get off the hook when these burn down. If it happens to me, I'd like FCA to take care of it and not have it become "an insurance issue" like I've heard others say. Don't warranties state that they will fix covered items as well as any items that failed do to the failure of the covered items? This whole truck failed due to the EGR failure. That's not an insurance issue. That's an FCA issue.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No conflict as he was talking about someone elses truck other than the one in the picture...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is the reason I keep my GAP paperwork in the house and not in the truck now.
Yeah I had this GAP insurance too, but man they like to mess around try to get out of stroking the check for a long time before they ever write the darn thing.
Told me I didn’t have to worry about paying on the truck while they handled everything. In the meantime I default on the loan cause the bank had my old phone number and apparently didn’t use snail mail anymore......needless to say, from the minute that fire started other than my normal insurance company I didn’t have a good experience with the whole ordeal.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wonder if my entire truck was written off randomly if I would just go get a $20k used truck vs a $50k new truck..

·
Registered
380 Posts
^ used value

·
Registered
694 Posts
There’s more to this than a cooler. They only replace the cooler they risk even further liability. They must have a team looking for the path of least resistance.

·
Registered
885 Posts
FCA is looking at resolving the issue two ways. What do they have to do to fix the recall? And what is the least expensive way to do it?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Im not on either side. This is bar none the best truck I have owned to the point. I do also believe it has some major shortcomings as a whole that I just personally have not had to deal with first hand.

My insurance is paid... bring on the blaze.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Im not on either side. This is bar none the best truck I have owned to the point. I do also believe it has some major shortcomings as a whole that I just personally have not had to deal with first hand.

My insurance is paid... bring on the blaze.
I’m not so sure the results will a great outcome if our insurances gets involved.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I’m not so sure the results will a great outcome if our insurances gets involved.

No offense, but there are a lot of people looking for insurance to bail them out of an upside down vehicle because they rolled some bad debt from a prior vehicle into it, they paid too much for their vehicle, they bought something they couldn't afford etc.

Ive had the pleasure of dealing with a few totaled vehicle insurance claims and I have always gotten far more from insurance than I could ever have hoped to sell it for on the open market. Granted most of them were older cars, but I have never once felt like my insurance short changed me. There are a lot of people who will look a gift horse in the mouth.

·
Registered
694 Posts
No offense, but there are a lot of people looking for insurance to bail them out of an upside down vehicle because they rolled some bad debt from a prior vehicle into it, they paid too much for their vehicle, they bought something they couldn't afford etc.

Ive had the pleasure of dealing with a few totaled vehicle insurance claims and I have always gotten far more from insurance than I could ever have hoped to sell it for on the open market. Granted most of them were older cars, but I have never once felt like my insurance short changed me. There are a lot of people who will look a gift horse in the mouth.
With all due respect, was there a safety recall involved which results in a fire? Combined with an ECM flash that changed the Characteristics and performance of the vehicle? With a do not sale invoked on the dealership.

Do not wish a flame-enable on anyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why are these guys the lucky ones? Why should FCA be able to get off the hook when these burn down. If it happens to me, I'd like FCA to take care of it and not have it become "an insurance issue" like I've heard others say. Don't warranties state that they will fix covered items as well as any items that failed do to the failure of the covered items? This whole truck failed due to the EGR failure. That's not an insurance issue. That's an FCA issue.
I agree with you, what happens happens when the big Auto Insurance Companies get enough of this crap and deem these trucks uninsurable or charge us extravagant rates for owning these fire bombs? None of it is good for resell value, and FCA isn't stepping up like they should. I think FCA is not out of the clear on this by a longshot even with the recall and have a lot of future lawsuits coming their way...

I think FCA is probably just doing these stopgaps for now like the recall to cover their own butts and hoping these trucks with the faulty engineering from 2014 to 2019 drop a lot in resell value for when they are forced to buy them all back.

·
Registered
885 Posts

We bought a used 97 corolla with 40k miles in 03 for about $4000. My youngest totaled it on a big rams wd hitch in 11 or 12 with about 120k miles. The insurance gave me $4500 as first offer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For those who have GDE tuned rigs the question begs...If you are notified by FCA that your rig is subject to the EGR cooler recall, will you let the dealer install "the fix?"

21 - 40 of 85 Posts