RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
They're not all the same, per se. You want to find one with the same axle ratio as your truck.

If you're going to tune the used ECM then don't worry about year, 14-19. If you're going to use the used ECM as a stock ECM then you want to stick with 14-15 and 16-19, depending on the year of your truck. This is due to the use of a DEF quality sensor beginning in'16.
Thanks Bounty!

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just sitting here going over everything that's happened over the last month and the one thing I never really asked about is my SFT Stage 2 tune.....why does a tune go bad after working without issue for 3 years....I can't find much info out in the interwebs

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
why does a tune go bad after working without issue for 3 years....I can't find much info out in the interwebs
Because the dealer updated the software on the ecm. Tune gotta be updated to work with it.

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Hey Bounty any idea if the dealer can reflash my ECM back to its original state so I can start from scratch when I get my new tune???? Or will it forever be locked into that W58 flash?
Dealer can only flash the current software for a vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where #1 EGT sensor's plug end connects to? Doing some research and I did have 2 DTC's in the beginning related to #1 EGT .....P0545 and P24C2. Is this sensor even in play on a full delete???? For under $80.00 I could get a new EGT sensor and see if that has anything to do with all this. I've looked at all the pictures and I see the sensor is threaded into the manifold just after the turbo but I can't see where it plugs in. Regardless, my new tune will be coming soon, but while I'm waiting I could get my mechanic to put in the new sensor. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m having the same exact problem. I had the stage 2 sft tune done about 6 months ago and has been great until 2 days ago. While driving it shut down and would not crank back. I have it fully deleted as well. I loaded the stock tune and it cranks and runs but have the Christmas tree on the dash. Same thing with the stage 1. Will crank over and run but In limp mode. Scanned the truck with stage 2 loaded and no communication with ecm. Tried emailing sft a few times and no response.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I’m having the same exact problem. I had the stage 2 sft tune done about 6 months ago and has been great until 2 days ago. While driving it shut down and would not crank back. I have it fully deleted as well. I loaded the stock tune and it cranks and runs but have the Christmas tree on the dash. Same thing with the stage 1. Will crank over and run but In limp mode. Scanned the truck with stage 2 loaded and no communication with ecm. Tried emailing sft a few times and no response.
I just recieved my MRtune and am just waiting to get my truck back from shop. I'm going to try a new tune and pray this takes care of my problem. Please keep us updated with your issue.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
341 Posts
Just noticed this thread and wanted to chime in. Was having ongoing issues myself with a turbo surge problem with a local tuner here in Alberta. After so much back and forth I just said to hell with it. Ordered a new tune from EOC, booked a visit to the dealer and had the engine and transmission tune put back to factory. Drove the truck home in limp mode (fully deleted and straight piped) and couple days later received my new tune from EOC. Been great since. I suggest getting the engine and transmission put back to factory, it's just the easiest and cleanest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update:

I was having the same issue on my 2014 eco fully deleted. been fully deleted for about 6 months with sft stg2 tune. Randomly driving one day and shut down and would not start back. Had truck towed and loaded stg1 tune in to see if would start. Started and ran but In limp mode. Codes p24c6,p2047,p242d,p0546.
Flashed back to stock tune and ordered MRtuning tune. Did same thing. Would run on stock tune but not stg2 tune. It’s been down for 3 weeks now and need HELP to get this thing going.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Update:

I was having the same issue on my 2014 eco fully deleted. been fully deleted for about 6 months with sft stg2 tune. Randomly driving one day and shut down and would not start back. Had truck towed and loaded stg1 tune in to see if would start. Started and ran but In limp mode. Codes p24c6,p2047,p242d,p0546.
Flashed back to stock tune and ordered MRtuning tune. Did same thing. Would run on stock tune but not stg2 tune. It’s been down for 3 weeks now and need HELP to get this thing going.
TJ, i feel your pain brother......So I also just tried MRTune through EOC and it didn't fix my problem. Truck starts then immediately dies like before. AlfaOBD showing DTC's U0100 and U0101. Chris @ EOC has been nothing but great to work with and we're going to now try HP Tuner as he thinks the PG3 has had issues with some trucks. I've been down since late June and driving my brother in laws 2010 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Cab extra long box which gets about 9 MPG....$$$$. Just so bummed out about this whole debacle.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
TJ, I get similar codes when I flash back to stock plus a bunch of other emissions related DTC codes due to having everything deleted. When I flash a new Stage 2 tune all those emissions codes go away but I now get U0100 and U0101. Starting to wonder if I have a bad ECM or BCM

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
So yesterday I tried starting the truck with the stock file installed and it's doing the same thing.....starts for a second dies. This is such a nightmare. Waiting for EOC's HP Tuners package to arrive on Tuesday to see if a custom flash can do the trick. If not I don't know what to do. Do you think I need to get the ECM and BCM tested???? Am really starting to think this just may not be a tuning issues after all.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts