RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
First off, "lifetime warranty"? I have never heard of any company, offering a lifetime warranty on any vehicle in Canada. So it's either Canadians getting screwed again or someone is making something up...

Next, sorry if someone has already said this but it's a long thread and I don't have time to read through all the comments...

But, I would say the reason Chrysler does not offer a lifetime warranty (if it even exists) on the 3D is not because of it's short longevity but rather the opposite. Any engine that lasts a long time likely means the vehicle it's in will be on the road for a long time. The longer a vehicle is on the road, the more likely other things will need repair just from wearing out from normal use. If they aren't offering lifetime on the 3D, it's because they know these trucks will be around for a long time and it will cost them too much. 200,000 kms on a hemi vs 400,000 on a diesel = higher cost of lifetime warranty for the diesel.
What he said

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
OK, OK, got it. I think we've all moved past this. A bunch of misunderstanding and etc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
So, if anyone orders a truck and are worried about the restriction flag, it doesn't mean they won't build the truck. May take longer but my order was accepted and I have a VIN now.

Not the right place for this but this thread is a mess anyway. I vote to close it!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Will do of course! Posts are worthless without pics, and I already have this worthless thread... Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a very hard time believing that a representative, of ANY company, would confide, in a potential customer, information pertaining to poor product longevity.... sorry, just sounds very unlikely to me.

I'm not a Chrysler fan boy, in fact I have successfully avoided the brand for 52 years, prior to owning this truck. What kind of conversations were you hoping for? Just run of the mill, "My truck is likely to implode soon, kinda stuff"? Thanks, I'll take it under advisement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Believe it, I spoke with a potential home buyer yesterday that has been an certified mechanic for decades working at a dealership.
He has me rethinking the Ecodiesel due to high maintenance costs..."buy a hemi" cant haul as much with it but fuel and repairs are less expensive" not thinking Ford nor Chevy, just Dodge.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I begged and begged to talk to a rep about my fender flares not sticking to the body and 4 repairs. Bottom line they would never let me talk to one.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Holy thread revival.... I think this discussion was started a few months before I joined and bought my truck. Since then I've driven it 5 years and almost 100,000 miles without much, if anything, to worry about. Maybe this thread was all for nothing?

That is a nice looking '76.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Several dealers offer 'Lifetime Powertrain Warranties' on diesels accepted at any dealer in America. Dave Smith, Daytona Beach CJDR, Dennis Dillon, as of a couple of years ago.

Mopar offers Lifetime Warranty on all gassers trucks, SRT, Hellcats, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys! New Eco owner here and I can say that my experience so far is disappointing with the emissions components. I have a 2016 Laramie with 86k and it’s left me stranded twice in 3 months of ownership. service electronic throttle control, three 4 codes dealing with intake runner banks, and now as of three days ago I have no turbo boost. Don’t even hear it. It’s at the dealership being evaluated for the turbo and they are supposed to change the intake manifold, fuel lines, and MAF Sensor. This was determined on my first trip to dealership. They also can’t get my EGR cooler because of national back order. I don’t know what else will be wrong with the turbo. But all this said I need some input on how I can make this truck reliable? Is it going to require a tune, deleting the emissions components? Please give me advice on LONGEVITY and peace of mind. I love the truck and I think it had potential as a keeper but what’s it going to take to get there????? Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Guys! New Eco owner here and I can say that my experience so far is disappointing with the emissions components. I have a 2016 Laramie with 86k and it’s left me stranded twice in 3 months of ownership. service electronic throttle control, three 4 codes dealing with intake runner banks, and now as of three days ago I have no turbo boost. Don’t even hear it. It’s at the dealership being evaluated for the turbo and they are supposed to change the intake manifold, fuel lines, and MAF Sensor. This was determined on my first trip to dealership. They also can’t get my EGR cooler because of national back order. I don’t know what else will be wrong with the turbo. But all this said I need some input on how I can make this truck reliable? Is it going to require a tune, deleting the emissions components? Please give me advice on LONGEVITY and peace of mind. I love the truck and I think it had potential as a keeper but what’s it going to take to get there????? Thanks in advance for the input.
Once these repairs are completed, contact GDE for their tune and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks so much for the advice. I will definitely do that. Do they have a new website now? I had definitely planned on a delete sometime in the future but if GDE can just tune and it be reliable and run without a full delete I will go that route. It would be nice to let her breathe though!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts