RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
I had an Amsoil bypass system on my Cummins. I would probably go back with Amsoil if there was a kit made for the EcoDiesel. I like the Insane Diesel kit for its simplicity. I don't like that Insane Diesel pulls some oil away before it goes through the full flow filter. In theory, there's less oil pressure going to the engine. Maybe @Brokedownbutgood can give his opinion on this.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Thanks for the update. I might go this route someday.
"For those with an open mind...cleaner engine oil will improve engine longevity. Soot is abrasive and speeds component wear on bearings, etc.” - GDE

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Here’s anouther way
I've been thinking about switching to Amsoil engine oil in my 2015. I'm still using Rotella T6. I run Amsoil in the front and rear differentials, though. I'm also using Amsoil ATF in the transmission. I do a lot of towing and short commutes, so I try to change the oil every 7 month/5,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I will be switching from Pennzoil to Amsoil in my 2020 EcoDiesel after I use up the rest of my supply. I'll change the oil in that every 12 months/8,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Reactions: VernDiesel and djr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts