RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had an Amsoil bypass system on my Cummins. I would probably go back with Amsoil if there was a kit made for the EcoDiesel. I like the Insane Diesel kit for its simplicity. I don't like that Insane Diesel pulls some oil away before it goes through the full flow filter. In theory, there's less oil pressure going to the engine. Maybe @Brokedownbutgood can give his opinion on this.

oil filter cap has a very small hole for oil to travel through so oil pressure not a problem . amsoil bypass filter is a little more work to install but you can have it installed by mechanic and still save money compared to insane diesel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
oil filter cap has a very small hole for oil to travel through so oil pressure not a problem . amsoil bypass filter is a little more work to install but you can have it installed by mechanic and still save money compared to insane diesel.
also you can buy only the filler cap from insane diesel and use amsoil bypass filter.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Here’s anouther way
I've been thinking about switching to Amsoil engine oil in my 2015. I'm still using Rotella T6. I run Amsoil in the front and rear differentials, though. I'm also using Amsoil ATF in the transmission. I do a lot of towing and short commutes, so I try to change the oil every 7 month/5,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I will be switching from Pennzoil to Amsoil in my 2020 EcoDiesel after I use up the rest of my supply. I'll change the oil in that every 12 months/8,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Reactions: VernDiesel and djr

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
103 Posts
My neighbor is an Amsoil dealer, as well as selling Interstate batteries and running a trucking company, and other endeavors. He's been trying to sign me up as a dealer as well, so far I've been able to avoid that commitment. In the meantime he'll happily sell me all the Amsoil fluids I want at his costs.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts