RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey like to see some positive reports on this engine. How many trouble free miles have you had or is there ever such thing with this engine. No Catalyst problems, no DEF system problems, no MAP and EGR soot issues, no blown engines (this is a bummer, sorry to you guys dealing with this blown engine) etc. I have 36,000 miles on my engine, have had 2 issues with the DEF system that were false alarms (transients) that put me into the 200 mile to no start BS. One time was at least 500 miles from a Jeep dealer. I now travel with my scanner so I can delete codes and I also have a jump wire to emergency start it if the timer goes to zero. Crazy I have to do that for a 50K vehicle. It should be reliable. Also can't have GDE in my state. Hope to hear some good news out there.

·
Registered
766 Posts
9,200 miles on the odometer, bought early 2016. No issues. One recall done from NHTSA.,. :cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
15,000km only one minor issue with a sensor falling out that was never tightened properly at factory.. Replaced on warranty.. Otherwise shes been a beauty so far couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mine will turn 87,000 it is the evil 14. Has no issues and did have 2 issues un related to each other before 30,000. But other then that regular maintenance, fully stock tune. Have removed all of the insinuation from engine and off HPFP and intake muffler. But other then that purring like a kitten, pulling like a mule, more comfortable then a pillow. Now I don't know if it matters it's a 3.92 rearend and is getting 24 mpg. And use fuel treatment and hot shots secret.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not even a month and I got over 2600 miles. I think these engines should be trouble free for 150k, minimum. I put 181,000 miles in 13 years on a 95 Nissan hardbody and only changed 2 things... alternator and distributor. That's it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You can get GDE if you move out of the soviet republic of crapifornia, just saying....

No issues after GDE tune, about 90k miles ago.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey like to see some positive reports on this engine. How many trouble free miles have you had or is there ever such thing with this engine. No Catalyst problems, no DEF system problems, no MAP and EGR soot issues, no blown engines (this is a bummer, sorry to you guys dealing with this blown engine) etc. I have 36,000 miles on my engine, have had 2 issues with the DEF system that were false alarms (transients) that put me into the 200 mile to no start BS. One time was at least 500 miles from a Jeep dealer. I now travel with my scanner so I can delete codes and I also have a jump wire to emergency start it if the timer goes to zero. Crazy I have to do that for a 50K vehicle. It should be reliable. Also can't have GDE in my state. Hope to hear some good news out there.
Just turned 20,000 in my '16 Tradesman EcoD 4WD, and clean sailing, maintenance-only use to date. More coming too. Nice truck, big friend, esp in the winter!

·
Registered
263 Posts
About to turn 80k.
2014 Outdoorsman
Had the dreaded P20EE code and had the SCR replaced around 20k and had a EGT Probe go out around 40k only 2 problems I’ve had. T&K 60 tune and delete at 28k them GDE hot tuned around 35k. Averaged around 27 while deleted and 24-25 with hot tune. Looking to delete again soon and add off-road programming to my Hot tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
73k and counting. Set of rubber, and last winter Def gauge wasn't registering, went in for it's very first dealer visit not related to a body issue, software flash and on the way.

Getting close to doing gde and delete though

·
Registered
64 Posts
??? You mean the doors fell off, the frame collapsed, suspension sagged, engine quit etc?

What do you mean by "fell apart"?
Maybe I was a bit too literal, but it surely felt like it. Within about a week, all this happened

-driver side window not working
-driver side caliber seized (small fire, lots of smoke)
-fuel tank leak
-electronic throttle control message, limp mode
-exhaust sensor replacement (or something to that effect, from the ETC error message)
-check engine light

It really felt like the truck was falling apart in front of my eyes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well lets see. I put about 5500 miles with absolutely no problems. Had to have the transmission replaced at about 5,600 miles.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts