RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
I buy Rotella T6 5W-40 from Tractor Supply (they put it on sale at $49.99 for the 2.5 gallon jug regularly (plus add a half quart)) and K&N filters online for $13 and pay my "mechanic" $20 to do it all for me. It's done correctly, with the right materials, under my supervision and I don't have to get my hands dirty, all for less than a Benjamin.

Registered
I buy Rotella T6 5W-40 from Tractor Supply (they put it on sale at $49.99 for the 2.5 gallon jug regularly (plus add a half quart)) and K&N filters online for $13 and pay my "mechanic" $20 to do it all for me. It's done correctly, with the right materials, under my supervision and I don't have to get my hands dirty, all for less than a Benjamin.
Great I use a amsoil and will now have the dealer change oil so I don鈥檛 have to be told it鈥檚 not cover for repairs

Registered
2.5 gallons Rotella T6 $50 (Yes I add the extra 1/2 quart)
K&N Filter $17
OEM Fuel Filter $31
Total $98 If I change both filters. Only $67 for oil and filter. Takes about an hour and I know it is done correctly.
Canyon

Reactions: Ecosparky

Registered
I have change oil since new but are on 2nd engine the would not wawarrnt the engine due to me doing my own. There is a tech order for how the oil is to me change don,t follow this then no warranty. Have a great day with our useless vehicle which has all kinds of flaws.
I am sitting waiting for my oil change now鈥. I鈥檓 also on 2nd engine however 1st was warranted because it鈥檚 been serviced at the dealer. 2nd engine has a 100k warranty:) Love this truck

Registered
Hi: The Perfect Shine... How can "They" say what order you changed the oil in? As long as you don't add in the new B/4 subtracting out the old what's the big deal? I bet Stella Antics doesn't even know, and she's standing right behind you!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts