RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've had my Ecodiesel for just under 2 months now and have been loving the fact that I NEVER saw another one on the road. Well, that stopped last night. As I pulled into the diesel station to fuel up, there it was, another ecodiesel fueling up already. Then again today, I saw one drive past me in town. It seems weird to go from nothing in a month and a half to 2 sightings in less than 24 hours. I guess the luxury of being one of a few had to end at some point. Ah, looking down my nose at all those hemis was fun while it lasted. I am no longer alone. Anyone else noticing a rise in Ecodiesels in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've only seen one so far, was almost floored when he rolled past me a Home Depot. Had to swing around and ask him about in back in early May. I've been looking driving through Atlanta every day and haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I haven’t seen one on the road yet, just the one I saw at a dealership and took for a test drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had my ED for a month and have not seen another one on the road yet. I have been asked by two different people how I like it but I think most people don't know what they are looking at. It has been fun to look for other ED's and see the few reactions from those who know what it is. Great truck, the best I have ever owned.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Here in the inland empire ive only seen a couple of them since they have been released. which is interesting seeing as none of the dealers around here have any in stock and say they have sold everyone they have gotten. haha. I guess the only one i really care to see is the one i ordered!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've only seen one other ED on the streets of Pitt. I know the dealer finally got some, so they are around. But I think most dealers only got 1 or 2. SO... there may only be 20~30 in all of Allegheny/Westmorland county's. (not that many really)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw the identical white and silver 4x4 Laramie two days go! He wanted to make a right so I pulled up far enough to get the thumbs up on our matching trucks!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
IIRC, most dealer allocations were put toward work trucks. This could explain why we don't seem to see many around. While most of us here have CC or QC variants with various levels of "gussy", work trucks would mostly end up with small businesses or in fleet service... well, in theory.

I'd love to have the time to grab, say, a RWD duallie regular cab 2500 and...

Power it up to 800+ hp
Swap in HUGE rear tires to replace the duals
Redo the interior with all kinds of goodies
Lower the entire rig
Go pick on sports cars... :)

But, I digress...

I suspect we all represent a very small minority of the EcoDs out and about right now, and thus we'll always remain relatively rare.

Take care of these 2014 trucks folks...I think they'll hold their values very well. ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you go by the monthly allotment of 8,000 units since they started hitting the dealers in March, there should be somewhere in the vicinity 24,000+ units on the streets or dealer lots. That doesn't even come out to 500 units for each of the 50 states, then there are the trucks in Canada. My guess is our Canadian friends are stealing them all.

Still a pretty rare beast, I have only seen one.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
If you go by the monthly allotment of 8,000 units since they started hitting the dealers in March, there should be somewhere in the vicinity 24,000+ units on the streets or dealer lots. That doesn't even come out to 500 units for each of the 50 states, then there are the trucks in Canada. My guess is our Canadian friends are stealing them all.

Still a pretty rare beast, I have only seen one.
I think the numbers are even tighter than that. I seem to recall that originally RAM forecast to build 8000 units for ALL of the US for 2014. Not monthly... but all up. Those sold out within 72 hours of the system opening for orders, and so with a happy problem on their hands, they let production roll. Which could account for the order restrictions we see. Parts suppliers might not be able to keep pace with actual demand, given the original forecasts were so much lower, leading to restrictions in certain instances.

·
Registered
360 Posts
8000 was the quote for the number they sold in the first order window, believe it was 8k sold in 72 hours and anyone missing that had to wait until the next window. Can't remember the exact months but think it was Feb for the first orders.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have not seen one in the wild yet. But, I keep looking. Seen more CRDs than ever lately.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
Being a fortunate one I get to see one in the driveway every day:) Saw 1 in 3 months on the road in my neck of the concrete.

Reactions: Izzy

·
Registered
940 Posts
Being a fortunate one I get to see one in the driveway every day:) Saw 1 in 3 months on the road in my neck of the concrete. Oh and Canadian thievery of 3D's is alive and well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have not seen one on the road yet but have several people asking questions when they pull up next to me.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They have made over 20k of these trucks so far.....i have seen at least 6 different ones around not including the 15 or so i have seen at a dealer....

·
Registered
131 Posts
You never know...unless you are outside and listening you might have one rolling by in stealth mode (de-badged). ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I actually had a guy chase me down on my lunch break last week to ask me questions about my truck. It was only the 2nd ecodiesel he’s seen in the wild, and has been looking at them I guess.

I personally haven’t seen any others, but don’t look all that close unless I’m passing them on the highway or something…

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I actually had a guy chase me down on my lunch break last week to ask me questions about my truck. It was only the 2nd ecodiesel he’s seen in the wild, and has been looking at them I guess.

I personally haven’t seen any others, but don’t look all that close unless I’m passing them on the highway or something…
I've had 3 or 4 guys come up to me at the fuel pump. One guy had an almost identical 2500 cummins to my Eco, right down to the color and trim. He looked like a kid on Christmas checking it out.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts