RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had my ecodiesel laramie for about a month now. Looking through the dealer book/brochure it shows a turbo/Horsepower guage on the vehicle info screen. I read below the picture and it says its for the ecodiesel. I've looked through every info screen there is and I don't have this. Does anyone else?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I can't find it either... and I've been thinking about it over the last few days. I wonder if they took it out, or if that was really for the Cummins trucks?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking also, however in the brochure it specifically says for the 3.0 ecodiesel. My dealer doesn't know, mine is the only ecodiesel they have seen so far. Anyone else have info?

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you have an Android phone, you can get this with the Torque BHP app. You'll need to buy a $15 Bluetooth xmitter for your OBDII port.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I have an iphone and it isn't available. Can't find a obdII device that works with ios. I'm just wondering if there is an update or something the dealer can do to add the capability to the info screen like shown in the brochure.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Unfortunately I have an iphone and it isn't available. Can't find a obdII device that works with ios. I'm just wondering if there is an update or something the dealer can do to add the capability to the info screen like shown in the brochure.

Take a look at this one that is compatible with iPhone's. I have it and use it on other cars we have/had and it works reasonably well. Not as high end as the others folks have written about.

DashBoss | A Brain Scan for your Vehicle

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Guys.... I think you are missing the point.........

Sure... we can get gauges, or apps.... but the brochure clearly shows a boost gauge. The OP wants to know if the factory gauges will show it. I don't think he's looking for aftermarket options.

Reactions: Perrysburg Dodgeboy

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
There is always the chance the marketing team, who prints the brochures, was told the option would appear, so they printed with that direction... then the engineers, or lawyers made a change too late to catch some of the brochures from reaching consumers. Its not false advertising, its just shot happening. I'd love to have a boost gauge visible if possible. Not interested in aftermarket. Its unlikely a dealer will know more about this. No one there is studying these trucks, waiting for a question. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I was hoping maybe it would be rolled out through an update or something. Wanted to check here and see if anyone else had it because the dealers are pretty clueless with the trucks being so new. I had to argue with one of the sales guys that it needed DPF fluid

·
Registered
438 Posts
Guys.... I think you are missing the point.........

Sure... we can get gauges, or apps.... but the brochure clearly shows a boost gauge. The OP wants to know if the factory gauges will show it. I don't think he's looking for aftermarket options.
It may be there and something the dealer has to turn on. There is a lot of information there but not displayed. It's to bad they don't tell customers what is "available" behind the scenes. I should be able to find out in a few weeks when I visit the shop my cousin works at. They have the same tools and scanners as dealers.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I was talking with a dealship mechanic while standing at the parts counter this morning, and talking with him about this he said if I brought my truck in they can alter the info that comes up on your display.... don't know if that's true but I am going talk to service dept. guy monday and find out for sure... ill let you guys know what he says

Reactions: spang86 and gleb

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was talking with a dealship mechanic while standing at the parts counter this morning, and talking with him about this he said if I brought my truck in they can alter the info that comes up on your display.... don't know if that's true but I am going talk to service dept. guy monday and find out for sure... ill let you guys know what he says
I think it is true. They can even adjust tire diameter for aftermarket tires.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Yes.... please let us know. I would love an EGT and Boost gauge.

FYI... I just downloaded the brochure again... and it's in the CURRENT manual. (same as I got 4 months ago) Clearly shows the bighorn type dash with boost/power. AND, the caption below says "For the new EcoDiesel."

·
Registered
346 Posts
Verbatim from the brochure:

"You need information. Ram is the source. The available six-ring instrument-panel cluster shown here is configured to include data for the new turbocharged EcoDiesel V6,*
reflecting turbo boost numbers and exhaust figures
. The system is so sophisticated, it even includes data for internal transmission temperatures, DEF status and trailer brake operation."

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Real eager to actually see if that can be configured.

Did notice that some options are "locked out". Keep us informed.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I got a limited and it's not on mine....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Verbatim from the brochure:

"You need information. Ram is the source. The available six-ring instrument-panel cluster shown here is configured to include data for the new turbocharged EcoDiesel V6,*
reflecting turbo boost numbers and exhaust figures
. The system is so sophisticated, it even includes data for internal transmission temperatures, DEF status and trailer brake operation."
See that star next to EcoDiesel V6? The * ? It means, as noted in the brochure, its a Late Availability feature. I suspect this means we'll get it in an update down the road, or maybe its available now as an update. But at least when the brochure was printed/published, it was marked for "late availability".

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
See that star next to EcoDiesel V6? The * ? It means, as noted in the brochure, its a Late Availability feature. I suspect this means we'll get it in an update down the road, or maybe its available now as an update. But at least when the brochure was printed/published, it was marked for "late availability".

They weren't referring to the dash as being a late availability..... it was the truck. The ED wasn't released until Feb. That puts it a solid 5 months after the original "2014" model release.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts