RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I was in Miami Oklahoma tonight and we had a kid pull up by us in a 2013 hemi crew cab 5'7 4x4 on our way to walmart. He said is that the new ecodiesel. I said yes. He smiled then askes "wanna test it vs a Hemi" I said sure. We was a about 1/2 mile from walmart no stops after light turned green til walmart light.

To walmart he smoked us a little over a truck length. My ecodiesel just couldn't get rollin fast enough out the gate. He said in parking lot man I was hopin it'd be faster. I laughed and said lets hook em up tug awar style he said nah. Lol

We come out of walmart 15 mins later. Hes still there. I had been thinkin in the store. If I turnef off trac controls an engaged tow haul I might jump off quicker and shed shift stronger shorter shifts.

So I ask him one more run I bought some gogo juice. He laughed and said sure. With tran control button pushed and tow haul pushed. Two trucks was dead even whole way when we crossed the light same distance as first run. I was amazed at throttle response and just quickness in general.

Sorry such a long story I was very impressed with my little ecodiesel the 2nd time around. Just gotta play with em to see what they'll do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! I'm impressed with the way my hemi with 3.92s performs. If this ECOdiesel comes that close in performance and gets an additional 10mpgs it will be my dream come true. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I own a hemi currently, while I am still awaiting my ecodiesel. From my test drive of a brand new eco that was on the lot, I can honestly say, buddy is probably not stretching the truth! I was very surprised. It really takes off and just pulls andpulls as it cycles through the gears!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah like I said just everything off it wasn't as fast for 1st couple gears. But pushing those tow buttons man it came alive. I asked him if he had anything done to his hemi he said not it was just stock. But I was very happy. Knowing I'm getting 24 mix and 27 hwy. And to be able to push a hemi which is such a higher HP rating. I didnt ask which trans he had 8 speed or 6 idk. But anyways

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wait till the tuners and DPF deletes come out! Lol high 200's HP and high 400's LBS and over 30mpg

Reactions: HEAVYMETAL

·
Registered
592 Posts
I rather boost and tune it where I don't lose my warranty.

:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
TC: what rear axle do you have?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts