RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my ecu and cleared all codes when done. I am now getting exhaust filter full see dealer and service electronic throttle control can anyone help me figure this out

·
Administrator
9,287 Posts
I just changed my ecu and cleared all codes when done. I am now getting exhaust filter full see dealer and service electronic throttle control can anyone help me figure this out
Why did you "change" your ECU? Is it stock or tuned?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had one in that was tuned by gde and changed it to a stock one or what I think is a stock one that I got from eBay

·
Administrator
9,287 Posts
Had one in that was tuned by gde and changed it to a stock one or what I think is a stock one that I got from eBay
Oh okay. It sounds like you already changed the VIN and injector codes on the ebay ECU. I'm assuming you used AlfaOBD. If so, perhaps you could do a stationary regen with Alfa.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not sure how to do that but yes changed vin and injector codes with alpha just drove it around the block and won’t go over 30 mph

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Wondering why you had codes when you initially swapped in the new ECM. I've swapped 2 ECM's and programmed their VIN's and injector codes, never a trouble code seen.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Service electronic throttle is just a generic thing for when it goes into limp mode, so as you say, there's nothing to delete. If you can get the DPF full status to go away then service throttle goes away.

But yeah, sounds like the salvage truck had the Filter Full status and it seems very difficult to get rid of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Service electronic throttle is just a generic thing for when it goes into limp mode, so as you say, there's nothing to delete. If you can get the DPF full status to go away then service throttle goes away.

But yeah, sounds like the salvage truck had the Filter Full status and it seems very difficult to get rid of.
I will try another stationary regen I’m on my way to work on it right now thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the truck out of limp mode now I can’t get the oil life to reset. Oil was changed 200 miles ago and it says 5% and won’t reset anyone have any ideas?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts