RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

EDC17 Cracked

10K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Waynehead05 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Interesting. It would be nice if GDE could comment and let us know their progress on this. I recall reading somewhere that once a handheld tuner was available it would be sold to people who already have a tuned ECM for just the cost of the tuner. Can't remember where that came from though- for all I know I made it up in my own head.

#8 ·
Maybe it will help lower the price on tuning. My BMW can be tuned from the OBDII with 6 different tuning programs, transmission program and option for self tuning for $550.00. I got about 3 times that in our three letter friend.

#9 ·
The OBD flash tool that works on ecodiesel is from Dimsport. Any tuning company can purchase this device and use like PPEI or Vivid Racing. We are working with our flash tool supplier to get protocols updated to work with the engine via OBD. We have had trans tuning capability on the tool for 18 months now. It will make tuning easier, but the cost will increase as you are adding a $200 flash tool into the purchase mix.

There are pros and cons with a flash tool. You must stick with the software inside the ecm the tool reads out. If the tuned file is left in on a dealer visit and they overwrite it, it will lock the OBD tool due to firmware mismatch and render the $200 tool junk. Definitely better for no vehicle downtime and custom tuning options vs. mailing ecms back and forth.

#10 ·
Had a friend of mine from Namibia who uses that to tune his Diesel Toyota, said he'd help me tune my Ecodiesel. Naa, I'll stick with GDE, plus you guys are a vendor that help support the site. After the FCA settlement, I will be talking to you folks about the Offroad Tune and firing up my sawzall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.