RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somedays nothing works ....

Had a bizarre day , where very early everything I attempted turn to crap..
so I decided to do nothing important or dangerous (( superstitious yes ))
so I went shopping for stuff , to work on later,,,,
After my last store , on the way home , at a red light , I have a look at the CS2 and soot at 58% ,
I'm thinking by the time I get home it will hit 66 and try a regen and I'll be turning the engine off
" why not turn engine OFF on the red light and ask the CS2 for a " mobile regen "," , yeah right , on a day like today .
turn engine OFF , put key back to run , Menu => Diagnostic => mobile regen => click the yes
.. I get a message that the engine must be turned OFF and key turned to RUN again , the light is still RED
so OK , turn key OFF and back to RUN , hothing changes on the CS2 , the screen was frozen
light turened GREEN , so I start the engine and when the few cars ahead of me start to move I'm ready to follow
now I'm hitting all the buttons on the CS2 and no way I can get back to the gauge screens,
I pulled over in a small street and turned engine OFF , removed the key waited 2 minutes , the CS2 screen never
turned OFF it was still displaying the same message , put key back in , turn to" run " nothing changes on the CS2
so I take -off and go home , turn off engine the screen is still with same message , I bring all my stuff in the house put it away
15 minutes later I go outside thinking the CS2 will have shut itself off but no, still the same message displayed.
the fix : reach Under dash , unplug CS2 from the OBDII , count to 20 and replug ,
the CS2 started up OK , like first install , asked me if this was a Dodge product and bla bla bla
the gauges came back up on display , soot 65% , one of those days .......

..this is for anybody who gets the freeze later and makes a search
I know my CS2 is on a cheez whiz Jar , it is a temporary..:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
My CS2 has froze up twice...hitting the "home" button took care of it for me. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I always curse the messages that preced the mobile regen. They are not too intuitive. The procedure is turn engine off. Turn ignition on w/o start. Schedule mobile regen in cs2. Turn on engine from ignition on mode. Turning off ignition and then back on will cancel the scheduled regen. The messages they have are not very intuitive, at least for me. And yes, it had been frozen for me too, especially if I turn off the engine while I see the message you posted. So for now I just memorized the procedure and just don't pay attention on those silly cs2 messages for regen.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm confused as to what EGTs are what. EGT1 fluctuates like a mutha, 2,3, & 4 all run pretty similar and do not rise or fall rapidly. EGT4 is supposed to be the one to watch for turbo temp???

Distance since regen continues to climb since install on Monday, started around 400ish, now up to 517 but have watched it reduce soot % twice now. So what is that # actually telling me?

This toy is cool, but interpreting the numbers are a bit challenging for my simple mind. For now, I don't intend to interfere with the truck's regen process, just watch it work I guess. And also monitor turbo temp before shutdown.

Don't mean to thread jack, my apologies OP.

-Brady

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I'm confused as to what EGTs are what. EGT1 fluctuates like a mutha, 2,3, & 4 all run pretty similar and do not rise or fall rapidly. EGT4 is supposed to be the one to watch for turbo temp???

Distance since regen continues to climb since install on Monday, started around 400ish, now up to 517 but have watched it reduce soot % twice now. So what is that # actually telling me?

This toy is cool, but interpreting the numbers are a bit challenging for my simple mind. For now, I don't intend to interfere with the truck's regen process, just watch it work I guess. And also monitor turbo temp before shutdown.

Don't mean to thread jack, my apologies OP.

-Brady
EGT 1 is pre-turbo
EGT 2 is DOC
EGT 3 is DPF
EGT 4 is SCR

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
" Don't mean to thread jack, my apologies OP. "

No worries Ross , all Edge related :)

I had my egt like this , same as choochooman
EGT 1 = pre turbo
EGT 2 = Turbo out
EGT 3 = D P F inlet
EGT 4 = SCR inlet

·
Registered
893 Posts
I appreciate that info. I've seen the acronyms before.

So EGT2 (turbo out/DOC) is directly after turbo and the best indication of its current temperature?

-Brady

·
Registered
405 Posts
I appreciate that info. I've seen the acronyms before.

So EGT2 (turbo out/DOC) is directly after turbo and the best indication of its current temperature?

-Brady
I believe EGT 2 would be the most accurate turbo temp. I let it cool down to 400 deg (if necessary) prior to shutdown. EGT 3 is the one to watch for regens. I set an alarm at 1000 deg & it climbs as high as 1280 deg. I let this one cool down to at least 550 which generally coincides with 400 on EGT 2.

image.png

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After 3 1/2 years , I average 1 feeze per year , very reliable gadget for Model Year 2014-2015-2016 .
not so good for 2017 and 2018, different non-compatible saftware .

·
Registered
893 Posts
Brought the thread back form the dead!

The CS2 for my 2015 has been reliable. It has probably froze maybe three times. I just unplug it and reboot.

Only downfall of this gadget is in order to manually start a regen I have to start truck, choose manual regen, turn off truck and restart. Other then that well worth the money.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I just updated My Edge CTS2 today with newest program...It’s Definitely different ... Download took about an hour... Can not say what it will or will not do.... I haven’t updated it in about 2-3 years ...

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks HnG , I'll bring my CS2 indoors sometime this week and run the
" Fusion program " to see if I have a new software available for it .
hoping I don't have to redo every settings after an update :unsure:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Kazimodo... What I did before removing Edge from my truck, I called Edge first with serial numbers then they advised me about updating software , they apparently programmed my serial numbers with newest software...

BTW I took a picture of my Edge to put PIDS in exactly same location..
And yes it changed my pids , not sure about parameter alarms ?

Good Luck and please let us know if you find anything interesting with newest programming...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts