RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edge Insight CTS/Pod Package and FREE Edge hat

unnamed51_zps61640495.jpg

Official update for the EcoDiesel now available.

We offer a package that includes the Edge Insight CTS, pillar pod and adapter for $459, buy before the end of September and you get a free EDGE ballcap as well Rollin Smoke Diesel. EcoDiesel Edge Insight CTS Package

The RAM EcoDiesel is an impressive truck and now with the Edge Insight CTS, you can make sure your truck is operating at optimal performance everywhere you go. Today's new Insight coverage offers an abundance of user-configurable parameters that can be displayed in real-time. In fact, with the new RAM EcoDiesel coverage you can monitor up to 4 EGT readings though the OBD II port.

Parameters covered:

Accel Pedal Posi on, Ambient Air Temp, Barometric Pressure in Hg,
Ba ery Voltage, Comp. Inlet Density, Corrected Speed, Distance
Bewteen Regens, DPF Soot Mass %, Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Load,
Engine Oil Temp, Engine RPM, Fuel Rail Pressure, G Force, G Force
Calculated, G Force Lateral, Gear with Reverse, Gear with TCL,
Horsepower, Intake Air Temp, Manifold ABS Pressure, Mileage Avrg.,
Mileage Coach, Mileage Instant, Percent Grade, Run Time, Time 0-60,
Time 1/4 Mile, Torque, Trans Temp, Trip Odometer, Turbo Boost, VGT
Actuator Posi on, VGT Actuator Commanded Posi on, EGT1 Turbo
Inlet, EGT DOC Inlet, EGT3 DPF Inlet, EGT4 SCT Inlet, Intake Manifold
Air Temp, Current Torque Output

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Is the G-force something that is internal of our truck's computer?? Or is that a feature of the gauge?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liked the CTS in my last truck. With the pillar mount included in this deal. Thinking this will be a good edition to my ED.

Just finished ordering. Boy! the discount just made the deal even better!!

Truth be told, it was the hat I was after! :)

Thanks,
Thanks my friend, ships out today!

When you get the Insight make sure you update it.

James
RSD

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks, wasn't aware of that. Will be updating for sure.

Kind of surprised Edge got something out so quick for the ED. Was figuring at least a year with this year being the 1st year in the Ram. Should be a good option for the ED guys to add to their trucks.

Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, wasn't aware of that. Will be updating for sure.

Kind of surprised Edge got something out so quick for the ED. Was figuring at least a year with this year being the 1st year in the Ram. Should be a good option for the ED guys to add to their trucks.

Keep up the good work!!
The Insight will be able to be upgraded to the Evolution when it is released as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First off, Thanks for the fast shipping, received it today.

Unpacked everything and updated the software on the Edge Insight CTS.

Took about 5 minutes to figure out how the CTS module actually fit into the pillar mount.

Next took maybe 20-25 minutes to install the pillar mount and the Edge Insight CTS. turned out good I think. made for a clean professional install.

Next, fired the engine up and set the initial parameters so the CTS could communicate with the ECM. Everything is working as it should be.

Took it for a quick test drive to check everything out. Turbo is right at 23psi, Same as I had on the Star program at work.

Below are several pictures I took of the Edge Insight CTS and Pillar mount, including several screen shots.

View attachment 2761 View attachment 2763 View attachment 2764 View attachment 2765 View attachment 2766

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FAQ:

The Insight does not leave a footprint in the computer as it is strictly reading from the OBD port.

Warranty? No downloading is required so it will no void the warranty.

Install? Simply mount the Edge and run the cable to the OBD under the dash.

Afraid to leave mounted if you leave the truck? Simply unplug it.

And remembder get a free EGDE hat with purchase :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts