RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I apologize in advance if this has been discussed but I've been searching and can only find vague references to it in other threads.

Does the Edge Insight CTS2 work with the 2018 Eco? I know that I need a OBD bypass cable to access anything through the OBD port but does the Insight function with the addition of the bypass cable.

Can anybody CONFIRM that they are using one with a 2018 and what functions they have? I want the ability to force regens and monitor EGTs and change tire sizes. I don't want to shell out $530 (CDN :mad:) for a useless monitor.

Another option might be the Banks iDash but again I can't find anyone that CONFIRM any of the functionality on the 2018s. None of the dealers for these products seem to know anything about them and how they perform with Ecodiesel.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
8,643 Posts
I believe the Edge is very limited with the 2018. Might be best to contact Edge directly as they should know best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think they should know best but they seem to frequently give out wrong information. The same goes for Banks. Seems nobody at these places knows anything about our trucks so I thought best to ask here for real experiences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You would think they should know best but they seem to frequently give out wrong information. The same goes for Banks. Seems nobody at these places knows anything about our trucks so I thought best to ask here for real experiences.
I went straight to the source, in reference to Banks. Gale Banks and I talked directly through FB messenger about tuning. Hit him up, he’ll eventually answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
On june 8th 2019 , I got that reply from Edge

""As for the 2017+ applications, our Engineering team will revisit that in the near future. ""

Tomorrow is september , and no update yet .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts