RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

My good friend Jared at Edge Products asked me if there are any specific parameters we would like to see on the Edge Insight CS/CTS monitors. I figured I would ask you all since you will be the end user as well. Any suggestions?

James
RSD

·
Registered
391 Posts
boost, egt, trans temp i think would be the basics. Im sure he is already working on those. Also, rail pressure, not sure if it can tell fuel pressure too

·
Registered
334 Posts
Boost, egt, dpf temp, rail pressure would be nice.

Reactions: goathead

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
one more vote for DPF and rail pressure. i can get EGT and boost using Torque App and ODB sensor... does something like the edge product use the ODB port or does it tap into the information some other way? in other words, are they (Torque App with Bluetooth ODB sensor) and Edge mutually exclusive? if so then it becomes EGT, DPF, rail & boost... that's my final answer! :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
You won't need the Torque app with the Edge device. If it's anything like their other modules it'll have everything you need right at your fingertips.

I'd like to know what the vane position is. They offer that on the Evolution.

I'm curious as to what position it is at idle. As a beta tester for the Duramax Evo we requested that they command the vanes wide open at idle to remove the annoying hiss sound out of the tailpipe. Does it have anything to do with performance? Nope, but it makes it sound like a big block and that is almost worth the price of admission right there. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
What already works:
Boost, egt, eot, ect, rpm

Wish list additions:
gear/tcl, rail pressure, trans temp, regen status, dpf differential press, O2 sensor output, def tank temp, air suspension status

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more vote for DPF and rail pressure. i can get EGT and boost using Torque App and ODB sensor... does something like the edge product use the ODB port or does it tap into the information some other way? in other words, are they (Torque App with Bluetooth ODB sensor) and Edge mutually exclusive? if so then it becomes EGT, DPF, rail & boost... that's my final answer! :)
The Edge monitor plugs right into the OBD port, unless they can get EGT's through the OBD, will we have to drill and tap for the EGT readings.

James
RSD

·
Registered
254 Posts
unless they can get EGT's through the OBD, will we have to drill and tap for the EGT readings.
RSD
The truck already has egt and the insight will pick up its pid now. I'm not sure where the sensor is located though, so who knows how accurate it is. Best best is to add your own in the manifold between cylinders.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The truck already has egt and the insight will pick up its pid now. I'm not sure where the sensor is located though, so who knows how accurate it is. Best best is to add your own in the manifold between cylinders.
Different from the traditional EGT location though. A true reading will need to be, like you mentioned, in the exhaust manifold before turbo.

James
RSD

·
Registered
231 Posts
Trans temp when in a towing mode

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about the ability to modify air suspension settings. Meaning, if I set it to "off road 1" it stays at that setting unless I tell it to do otherwise. Oh, and change tire size.

·
Registered
270 Posts
+1 on the tire size.

I might even consider ordering air suspension if the Edge could override the predetermined speed setpoints.

·
Registered
391 Posts
so. does this require a special edge insite, or if i have one that is only a couple months old would it possibly show some of the stuff?

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you have an insight, using the general communication protocol will recognize some PID's. Edge will eventually distribute an update to expand PID support.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts