RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here have 2015 ecodiesel lonestar I am looking at getting edge cts2, the problem comes in for me when it has all these optional wiring kits of all sorts. What is needed I plan on deleting the truck and don’t know what all wiring kits I’d need or if they already come with it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,770 Posts
The CTS2 just plugs into the OBD port, you should be able to read all the EGT, boost, temps, VGT, etc.
If I'm not mistaken the extras wiring mentioned for the CTS2 is add on sensors for for what the ECM doesn't monitor. Currently there is four temp sensors throughout the exhaust system now, even after you delete the temp sensors for the turbo should still be there and work (provided the tuner doesn't turn them off)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CTS2 just plugs into the OBD port, you should be able to read all the EGT, boost, temps, VGT, etc.
If I'm not mistaken the extras wiring mentioned for the CTS2 is add on sensors for for what the ECM doesn't monitor. Currently there is four temp sensors throughout the exhaust system now, even after you delete the temp sensors for the turbo should still be there and work (provided the tuner doesn't turn them off)
Ok thanks for the reply would that be something I’d need to bring up to said tuner when going forward with that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I see there are multiple variations of it which would you recommend some say for diesel some for gas not sure. One website says diesel won’t work on the ecodiesel so kinda confused by that

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine works on my 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which model did you get? I see there are multiples on amazon

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the edge insight CTS2 on my 2015. When you first get it (if buying new) it will need to be updated and this requires a windows PC. After that just plug it into the OBD port on the truck with the provided cable, answer a few questions and you're all set. it comes with a suction cup mount to stick it to the windshield, or you can buy the extra pillar mount.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the edge insight CTS2 on my 2015. When you first get it (if buying new) it will need to be updated and this requires a windows PC. After that just plug it into the OBD port on the truck with the provided cable, answer a few questions and you're all set. it comes with a suction cup mount to stick it to the windshield, or you can buy the extra pillar mount.
Ok sounds good, I appreciate the help

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Edge CTS2 84130 works just fine, it's the 2017 and newer that lost some functionality. Miles since last regen PID used to work until an FCA update but everything else I'm interested in monitoring still works just fine on my 2015. No extra cables necessary. It's pretty capable for monitoring, read/clear malfunction codes, speedometer correction.
Backup camera if your truck doesn't have one, or use it as a secondary monitor to add one to your trailer(s).
I added their power switch cable to switch some accessories (lights).
Download yourself a cool background to make it your own.

Now they have added a newer model yet again, the CTS3, I have yet to hear about them being used on these trucks yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Curt Hayden

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have the Edge Insight CTS2 #84130 on my 2016 and it works great. I have it set to alert me when the soot level gets to65%. That wy I know a regen is about to happen. here's what I monitor:

Reactions: Curt Hayden

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
84130 for CTS2 , and 84030 for CS2 ,
CS2 is much smaller monitor , but has all same possibilities like triggering a Regen at any time you desire .
one cable only , going to OBDII .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate all the reply’s, one big question is about the regens if I was to delete for “off-road fun” would regens still happen? New to diesels so got a lot to learn lol

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I appreciate all the reply’s, one big question is about the regens if I was to delete for “off-road fun” would regens still happen? New to diesels so got a lot to learn lol
Deleting means removing all the emission control devices. No more regenerations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
regeneration happens to burn soot accumulated inside the diesel particule filter , turning it to ash , that stays in canister .
if the canister is gone ( full delete ) no more need for a regen .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok wasn’t sure but kinda assumed the regens wouldn’t happen after delete but wanted to confirm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts