RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article on Edmunds where they purchased a 2014 Eco Diesel for long term testing. It should be a great way for us to monitor real world evaluations of the truck. The first article has very positive words for the Ram 1500 in general. The diesel will be evaluated for cost effectiveness as well. Do a google search and check it out.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks. We will have to keep this thread going. SO.... anyone that sees an update to the story... please post up.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The dealer worked them over on the price. Fremont CDJR even used the old buy it now or we'll have to mark it up above MSRP threat.

·
Registered
274 Posts
PR stunt. Now thousands of people reading that won't try or think they can't haggle if this huge company couldn't budge the dealer from MSRP.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dealers suck dirty balls!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Only way to do business with them is go in super pissed off and know exactly what you want before hand and take no shit....

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
You never get a bad deal if you like it. Edmunds is smart. It was a business decision that will spurn readership and make them money. Plus - it's now a bigger write-off as a business expense. That means YOU, dear taxpayer, will pay for it and you voted it that way.

Nothing in the article yet. It will take future editions to actually learn anything significant.

Reactions: JAK

·
Registered
817 Posts
You never get a bad deal if you like it. Edmunds is smart. It was a business decision that will spurn readership and make them money. Plus - it's now a bigger write-off as a business expense. That means YOU, dear taxpayer, will pay for it and you voted it that way.
I'm not following you. Readership should be independent to the price paid. And the "bad deal" is relative to external market factors, not personal thoughts/feelings.

Profits offset losses and profits are directly related to watching your cash flow. The math doesn't work to spend more on a company vehicle. Otherwise the luxury SUV tax loophole (Section 179) died a few years back.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
If they did not get the truck because it was not available for a "deal", then they would not have something to write about. That means no postings, no advertising revenue, nothing for people to read and no income from it. Fewer people would read because there's nothing to read about. The purchase of the truck is an asset at most any price.

As for writing it off as a business expense, I know little of the details. My take is they just list the price they paid and get to write some or all of it off. For their business it"s "chump change". My personal feelings is there should be no write-off for anything ... mortgage, business, investment loss etc. Flat tax on what you make. Simple as that. Now others don't have to pay increased taxes to make up for your expenses and loss so you can have more money. All the parasitic accountants and lawyers can then go find productive jobs instead of feeding off our tax money.

That's another subject.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Bunch of ball washing bastards! To quote the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at shawshank....

·
Registered
118 Posts
If they did not get the truck because it was not available for a "deal", then they would not have something to write about. That means no postings, no advertising revenue, nothing for people to read and no income from it. Fewer people would read because there's nothing to read about. The purchase of the truck is an asset at most any price.

As for writing it off as a business expense, I know little of the details. My take is they just list the price they paid and get to write some or all of it off. For their business it"s "chump change". My personal feelings is there should be no write-off for anything ... mortgage, business, investment loss etc. Flat tax on what you make. Simple as that. Now others don't have to pay increased taxes to make up for your expenses and loss so you can have more money. All the parasitic accountants and lawyers can then go find productive jobs instead of feeding off our tax money.

That's another subject.
man after my own heart. Can't agree more.

Reactions: Captainmal
1 - 15 of 15 Posts