RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the cooler recall done 81 mile ago. Now oil shows up in the expansion tank. Not a lot yet and does not look like any water has gotten into the oil. I recently change the oil and it has not had time to turn black so there is a milky looking foam in the tank. I don't understand how a new cooler could leak that quick. Some of you may know how this could happen. I called the dealer and they will take a look at it tomorrow morning. I hope no damage has been done. I have never had the first problem in 30591 miles until now. Very disappointed.
By the way it's a 2016 model year.
Little Texas

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the cooler recall done 81 mile ago. Now oil shows up in the expansion tank. Not a lot yet and does not look like any water has gotten into the oil. I recently change the oil and it has not had time to turn black so there is a milky looking foam in the tank. I don't understand how a new cooler could leak that quick. Some of you may know how this could happen. I called the dealer and they will take a look at it tomorrow morning. I hope no damage has been done. I have never had the first problem in 30591 miles until now. Very disappointed.
By the way it's a 2016 model year.
Little Texas
Hi littletexas,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the truck back to the dealer on 9/14/21 and their diesel mechanic said he pressure tested and flushed the coolant. He said he checked the oil cooler and it was ok. I could not tell the oil cooler was touched, there was no sign it was removed. Maybe they can check it without removing. On the invoice they had customer saw oil in coolant. It also had only a slight amount found. I was told to drive the truck there was nothing wrong, it's ok. There is still a yellow looking substance on the upper inside surface of the expansion tank that was not there before EGR recall preformed.
model year 2016 , 31750 miles on truck. Never driven on short runs. Always reaches normal temp. This is a first for this truck that something might be wrong.
Little Texas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts