RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Ram was in the shop for 2 months Sep and Oct after the emissions recall, waiting on a new egr cooler even before this new recall. We got it back first week in Nov. On Thanksgiving Day the egr cooler cracked and is now in the shop again, but with the new egr not even being built yet, how long will it be in the shop this time. Our problems with this truck go back to July and I just want to cry now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are not alone. I hope you at least were given a loaner.
I talked to the FCA today and they have to start a new case # aside from the previous one. They will call the dealership next week to see where it stands. I can say this now, I will never buy another Ram.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
I can say this now, I will never buy another Ram.
I think I've heard this statement from people for just about every vehicle manufacturer out there.
How the dealership handles what's happening and technician working on your vehicle usually has the biggest impact on people making the "I'll never buy another" statement.
There was one member that I think had 3 new sets of fuel injectors installed in his truck without the problem being solved, that is just insane. To have one diesel injector go bad is rare but repeat multiple sets is next to impossible without something causing it. As an FYI the fuel injectors in these trucks operate at upwards of 30,000 psi compared to the 50 psi in a gas truck, the diesel ones are a lot more robust.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I talked to the FCA today and they have to start a new case # aside from the previous one. They will call the dealership next week to see where it stands. I can say this now, I will never buy another Ram.
Check lemon laws in your state. How many actual days was the truck in the shop? Get a rental from them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Our Ram was in the shop for 2 months Sep and Oct after the emissions recall, waiting on a new egr cooler even before this new recall. We got it back first week in Nov. On Thanksgiving Day the egr cooler cracked and is now in the shop again, but with the new egr not even being built yet, how long will it be in the shop this time. Our problems with this truck go back to July and I just want to cry now.
Does the AEM come with the warranty and associated lemon law buyback requirements?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts