RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Might be worth the drive to shave off thousands on the price, do you have a relationship to that dealer?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here are the details.

2021 Ram 2500 CC 6.7 L Cummins Anti-spin rear axle, 6 speed trans. There are many extra features not in my Ecodiesel Tradesman, ie, back up view screen, tow mirrors, ect.

This truck is in route, available in a couple of weeks.

Retail price is $54,905
Rebate -$1,000
Trade in -$22,000
Cash -$15,000
license +$265
Doc Fee +$220
Finance -$16,390 @2.9% 36 month loan

View attachment 89222
Hi: sourdo... Costs so much cause it has so far to go from Mexico. Nice clearance lights though!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How much off the 2500 are you getting? Surely not just the manufacturer rebate? You should be able to shave a few thousand at least off the sticker..
Alaska prices will never beat the lower 48. I bought this Ecodiesel in Idaho and drove it back, it was a great deal on the truck and worth the drive.

But now I need to shop around. However, there are not a lot of these Tradesman Cummins trucks around to look at up here. It is what it is, if you live in Alaska you pay more.

I'll ponder the situation for a bit, but I'm leaning on going for it.

There is one thing that has steered me towards the Cummins lately. When I compare the 2500 section to the Ecodiesel section, it is very glaring that the Cummins set up is hyper reliable. It seems to be mostly trouble free, and that is worth something to me. We get into some far out places. This year we want to do the Dalton Hwy drive up to the Arctic and Prudhoe Bay this summer. That is a long ways from home!

And one more thing about the 2500, I can have my cake and eat it too, weight will not be a factor.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Might be worth the drive to shave off thousands on the price, do you have a relationship to that dealer?
Yes, I bought my Ecodiesel from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, Idaho.

Driving through Canada is a sticking point right now, but I believe it is possible.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Living in HI, I feel your pain and frustration, sourdo. I lucked out with my EGR cooler as the dealer could order it and ready to install in about a week. Stock on new and clean used vehicles are pretty limited here as well and like you, I went to Dave Smith for my eco (unlike you, I couldn't drive it home).

One thing to consider when looking to trade in, especially now, when used trucks are in VERY high demand - take a look to see what's available in the dealer's used car lot. They may be hurting for inventory and will really want to take your truck in for trade. Earlier this week, my administrator's husband drove down to a local Honda dealership because one of the salesmen saw his post on FB saying he is thinking of selling his brand new'ish 2019 Chevy. He went down and ended up selling the truck to the dealership on the spot for a few hundred more than what he paid for the truck new.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yes, I bought my Ecodiesel from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, Idaho.

Driving through Canada is a sticking point right now, but I believe it is possible.
If Dave Smith will give you more choices, better trade in value and better price on the truck sounds like a nice road trip to gently break her in (y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife and I drove to town to look at Ram 2500 Cummins trucks today.

While we were there I went into the service bay to ask about getting these recalls done, especially the EGR cooler.

I ask the question, and get a question back (never good).

"Did you order it?" the dude asks.

"Huh?".....................WTF????

He then tells me it's a year away from getting a EGR cooler. They get one a month. Sounds like bullshit to me.

That pretty much deflated the air out of my ball for the day. No it doesn't leak, yet.

Weighing my options, not sure what to do but wait and see what kind of price they can give me on trade in. I can sell the tune for a few hundred, cash in the warranty, might get a grand that way, IDK.

I'll ponder the situation. For what I can get for my Eco via private sale, fixed, about $27,000 (BB), I might just buy a 3rd party EGR cooler, and fix it myself, the difference in price from a private sale to a trade it would cover it nicely, and still stuff 5 grand in my pocket.

I am open to suggestions. Effing PITFA....

How many of you guys are still running on the OEM EGR cooler without issue?
Hello, we can try & help with getting your dealer a part for the recall.
Feel free to send us a message with your VIN and dealer to get started.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Sure alaska is big, but you cant drive on the vast majority of it, the rest of us down here drive around on the contiguous lower 48, the truck doesnt know if you cross a state line or not.

I was told they were out of stock when i took mine in for the recalls. They ordered it and 3 weeks later it was in.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hello, we can try & help with getting your dealer a part for the recall.
Feel free to send us a message with your VIN and dealer to get started.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
I've been on THE LIST since mid May 2020. Each time I call the dealer I get the "we can only get one a week" spiel. Many months ago I did as you are asking here and sent my VIN and dealer info to you. Crickets. If you don't have the juice to help it would be best to simply not offer. Pretending to care and pretending to have the ability to help is, well, unhelpful.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My Mopar Max Care extended warranty is worth $1250, looking better and better.

I'll have to see what the GDE tune is worth (pre 2019).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
All mute now, I put $500 down to hold that truck.

There will be a GDE tuned ECM for sale in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Will it be your first Cummins? It will be interesting to hear your thoughts once you get it
Yes it will be my first Cummins.

I look forward to a bigger RV. While our little camper is great for bombing around up here, it is not for living in for 6 months at a time.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I've been on THE LIST since mid May 2020. Each time I call the dealer I get the "we can only get one a week" spiel. Many months ago I did as you are asking here and sent my VIN and dealer info to you. Crickets. If you don't have the juice to help it would be best to simply not offer. Pretending to care and pretending to have the ability to help is, well, unhelpful.
Man, it's the same everywhere.

Yea I get it, this is a year old recall, it starts to wear on you, traveling in the back country with an open recall. And if my EGR did start leaking, there would be steps to take to mitigate that with the older tune, cork off the EGR coolant lines and the connection to the intake.

But the thought of having to work on my truck in that manner was becoming a burr under the saddle.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sounds like a good move!! While not perfect. The HD trucks have some issues but we'll worth it.

I am pretty happy still with mine, def heater quitting and all. Sure the dynamics are a bit different for daily driving, they are a beast with a trailer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife and I drove to town to look at Ram 2500 Cummins trucks today.

While we were there I went into the service bay to ask about getting these recalls done, especially the EGR cooler.

I ask the question, and get a question back (never good).

"Did you order it?" the dude asks.

"Huh?".....................WTF????

He then tells me it's a year away from getting a EGR cooler. They get one a month. Sounds like bullshit to me.

That pretty much deflated the air out of my ball for the day. No it doesn't leak, yet.

Weighing my options, not sure what to do but wait and see what kind of price they can give me on trade in. I can sell the tune for a few hundred, cash in the warranty, might get a grand that way, IDK.

I'll ponder the situation. For what I can get for my Eco via private sale, fixed, about $27,000 (BB), I might just buy a 3rd party EGR cooler, and fix it myself, the difference in price from a private sale to a trade it would cover it nicely, and still stuff 5 grand in my pocket.

I am open to suggestions. Effing PITFA....

How many of you guys are still running on the OEM EGR cooler without issue?
I have has couple of things that I've needed for my truck that dealer has told me "it's on national backorder, I don't know when we might get it". Both times I went on MOPAR.com and had the parts in a couple of days. They weren't an egr cooler but you might wanna try that. Also, it was cheaper that way than what the dealer quoted me for the part. One of the parts was a three way coolant valve, dealer quoted me $230 for the part and I got it from MOPAR.com for $179.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I have has couple of things that I've needed for my truck that dealer has told me "it's on national backorder, I don't know when we might get it". Both times I went on MOPAR.com and had the parts in a couple of days. They weren't an egr cooler but you might wanna try that. Also, it was cheaper that way than what the dealer quoted me for the part. One of the parts was a three way coolant valve, dealer quoted me $230 for the part and I got it from MOPAR.com for $179.
Yes, I seen the EGR, from Mopar, for sale. And the price was cheap.

I asked the dealer shop if I bought the part would they install it.

NO!

Sigh....screw it, I'm going to trade it in and just move on....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, I seen the EGR, from Mopar, for sale. And the price was cheap.

I asked the dealer shop if I bought the part would they install it.

NO!

Sigh....screw it, I'm going to trade it in and just move on....
I dont value you, the only reason they won't install the part for is because they won't be able to mark it up to make money off the part and the labor

·
Registered
714 Posts
I dont value you, the only reason they won't install the part for is because they won't be able to mark it up to make money off the part and the labor
They are getting the part from FCA as part of a safety recall, doubt they are making any money off the part anyway.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts