RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Classic Laramie CC
88 Posts
Yes, dealers make a small profit on warranty parts, or at least they used to when I was a parts manager. The manufacturer I worked for paid us 30 percent markup on warranty parts, suggested retail was about 66 percent over cost and most dealers charged a premium over that as their retail price. I have been out of the business for a number of years but it was hard to buy parts for warranty work from another dealer. We had some local dealers that would help each other out when parts were short but that may not be the case today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Sourdo,
I got the same BS from my local RAM dealer (1 ea. EGR replacement part per month). So I scheduled an appointment for the tailgate latch recall anyway and whattaya know, they performed the EGR recall WITH the tailgate recall. When I dropped the truck off for the tailgate recall, I was careful to ask if they had the EGR recall part in stock. They said no, but the part for my vehicle is on order. I think they are on a rolling BS directive by FCA to just tell customers the parts are unavailable. I know this doesn't really correct your situation but thought the extra info might be helpful.

If you do decide to pull the trigger for the Cummins 6.7, good luck at getting the most $$ for your EcoDiesel!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me out. Bought a 2025 eco 98000 miles runs awesome. Completely stock. Previous owner did the aem recall
I've got another 22000 miles worth of emissions warranty. Leave it alone or change it up. These posts make a guy nervous. Everyone acts like a stock truck has a short life. ?????

41 - 44 of 44 Posts