RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally since waiting from november 2019 i got the VB1 egr replacement done today. The part finally came available at one of the two dealerships i was listed to get the work done at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was done yesterday, wife picked up truck. First hill check engine light came on along with service electronic throttle. Needless to say it’s back at the dealership.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was done yesterday, wife picked up truck. First hill check engine light came on along with service electronic throttle. Needless to say it’s back at the dealership.
Too bad. I only had a short trip home no problems. I guess time and distance will tell

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi: Xcountry... The way I suspect stealers I wouldn't put it past them to reprogram this so it becomes a you "Pay" repair ... not a recall!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have the AEM warranty the diagnostic should be covered even if the check engine light ain’t related to the warranty.
I tried telling my dealer that and they didn’t understand and finally called ram and ram told them what I told them....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heard from dealer today, they said one of the updates is not taking and going into storage. They have contacted ram to find out why it will not take. I don’t know if it’s because it is a 2014 or what.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sh
Heard from dealer today, they said one of the updates is not taking and going into storage. They have contacted ram to find out why it will not take. I don’t know if it’s because it is a 2014 or what.
Shouldnt be because it’s a 2014..... should take no matter what they’re the same ecm from 2014-17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picked up truck last Friday, noticed turbo louder and when you left off the gas sounded like a tuned diesel. They had to put a exhaust gas sensor on it along with PCM. Took it in town, stopped at red light uphill. Soon as turned green gave it throttle and it would not move just started shaking. Let off throttle and reapplied and started moving. Check engine light came on and service electronic throttle. Made it home and checked code P0473, calling dealer again tomorrow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Picked up truck last Friday, noticed turbo louder and when you left off the gas sounded like a tuned diesel. They had to put a exhaust gas sensor on it along with PCM. Took it in town, stopped at red light uphill. Soon as turned green gave it throttle and it would not move just started shaking. Let off throttle and reapplied and started moving. Check engine light came on and service electronic throttle. Made it home and checked code P0473, calling dealer again tomorrow.
The code pertains to exhaust pressure, either to high or to low I’d imagine it’s a turbo related issue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just had taken it in for the egr replacement, now I’m having these problems.

willing to bet, turbo is fixing to go, your dpf is more then likely about to go...... I had my egr go and replaced it, then had my fuel system go, then had my dpf need to be replaced..... I had a brand new engine in my truck at 83,000 miles, I’m now at 141,000 miles on the truck..... seems like whenever you have a bunch of problems they all happen at once.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well if it does it’s still under warranty only have 45000 and had bought the 8 year - 100,000 . Really have had no problems with it other than when they did the first fca reprogram lost power and mileage. Was hoping the new egr cooler and reprogram would put it back the way it was when I bought it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well if it does it’s still under warranty only have 45000 and had bought the 8 year - 100,000 . Really have had no problems with it other than when they did the first fca reprogram lost power and mileage. Was hoping the new egr cooler and reprogram would put it back the way it was when I bought it.
Right. I wish I could get it back to the same way it was before they ever did the AEM to it..... the only way to get it back to the way it felt would be tune and delete it, and you’d have more power and far less problems down the road.... whenever mine drops the AEM warranty I’ll more then likely delete it. I’m tired of the amount of problems as well as every other person in this forum as well.
Some people don’t ever have any problems, other people do have problems with them all the time. My dad never had problems with his until 170,000 miles, and it burned intake manifold up as well, then 80 miles after getting both replaced his engine hydro locked and blew piston out of the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts