RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
How long have you been waiting?
One week. Truck was in the shop last weeks for a filler hose leak. Had them check the coolant and confirmed it had a leak. Ordered all the parts thst day

Btw.... the damn filler hose is a $340 part and another $150 in labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
They are using the old design. None of the "improved" design coolers are available until at least April.
I’m hoping it’s much sooner. I think I was the one who posted April based on an email I received from my dealership. They know me well and know that whatever timeline they gave me I would be all over them. An FCA engineer I ran into after working with him on a separate issue they could not fix, told me that it was coming soon. My gut is telling me they are actively working the ECM lag and mileage issue. If this flash happens to have increased the chances of Fire In A Truck (FIAT) their @$$ is grass. Think about it, they produce a cooler and the fires continue! With their current parts issues I would not buy a Gen 3 let someone else be a test monkey.

Their are numerous ED owners out there that don’t have a clue. Never heard of the ECM flash or VB1. They get a letter form FCA and consider it junk and trash it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Their are numerous ED owners out there that don’t have a clue. Never heard of the ECM flash or VB1. They get a letter form FCA and consider it junk and trash it.

Because they pretty much are junk. If an owner is able, these issues are best dealt with outside a dealership service bay via EGR delete and aftermarket tuning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this the replacement with the original EGR design to hold you over until the new one is available? Or is the new one starting to become available?
Likely its a replacement with the old EGR design to hold him over. It was for me.

I had my truck towed in on November 15 after the coolant was overheating and told it wouldn't be fixed until January 25. I then was called and told that my truck was fixed on December 12, just a few days shy of 30 days.

I was out of town for a month so I finally picked up my truck this week. Talking with the service manager I was told they are using the old design as a temporary fix until the V2 part is available, he said possibly April but might be later.

Either way I am likely going to wait for the V2 EGR to come out so I can swap that and then do a tune.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have to wait at least until Monday, which will be 77 days total, and 70 just for the EGR cooler. And I am still waiting on a buyback decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m hoping it’s much sooner. I think I was the one who posted April based on an email I received from my dealership. They know me well and know that whatever timeline they gave me I would be all over them. An FCA engineer I ran into after working with him on a separate issue they could not fix, told me that it was coming soon. My gut is telling me they are actively working the ECM lag and mileage issue. If this flash happens to have increased the chances of Fire In A Truck (FIAT) their @$$ is grass. Think about it, they produce a cooler and the fires continue! With their current parts issues I would not buy a Gen 3 let someone else be a test monkey.

I will call my two contacts Monday and see if they have any news... don't hold your breathe, but I will report back

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this the replacement with the original EGR design to hold you over until the new one is available? Or is the new one starting to become available?
My dealer told me the EGR cooler they installed after 48 days was the new design. The paperwork had the old part number. They have no idea what’s going on.
Settlement attorneys are working on my buyback case as all 8 people I have talked to at FCA deny there is such a thing. The settlement attorney deals with the FCA attorneys free of charge.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My dealer told me the EGR cooler they installed after 48 days was the new design. The paperwork had the old part number. They have no idea what’s going on.
Settlement attorneys are working on my buyback case as all 8 people I have talked to at FCA deny there is such a thing. The settlement attorney deals with the FCA attorneys free of charge.
Nah, they installed the old design.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats good to know. Keep us updated please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dropped my truck off today. Service advisor confirmed the new unit is the new version with a completely different part number. Also stated, trucks that completed the AEM get priority on the new parts.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dropped my truck off today. Service advisor confirmed the new unit is the new version with a completely different part number. Also stated, trucks that completed the AEM get priority on the new parts.

Please double check. The status at FCA is still No Parts Available. Has anyone received the email confirmation that a part is produced?

I will continue to pound Ram on Facebook.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts