RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Dropped my truck off today. Service advisor confirmed the new unit is the new version with a completely different part number. Also stated, trucks that completed the AEM get priority on the new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno.... I picked my truck up this past Friday and the service advisor made it clear that I got the old design and the new EGR is not currently available. I even saw on my paperwork that my truck is under recall but parts are not available.
Seems unlikely your dealer is able to get a newly designed part and no other dealer can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please double check. The status at FCA is still No Parts Available. Has anyone received the email confirmation that a part is produced?

I will continue to pound Ram on Facebook.

I questioned the whole fca awareness thing too. Advisors stated they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. Also said, this fix clears the recall. Seems odd that they can clear a recall with an old unit. Considering I only have 43k miles and warranty to 120k, I don’t care if it blows up. I will probably be out of the truck before the warranty expires

·
Registered
129 Posts
I questioned the whole fca awareness thing too. Advisors stated they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. Also said, this fix clears the recall. Seems odd that they can clear a recall with an old unit. Considering I only have 43k miles and warranty to 120k, I don’t care if it blows up. I will probably be out of the truck before the warranty expires

Interesting that it clears the recall, because when I got the new-old-temp-fix, it didn't... so I'm hoping the fix is starting to show up. But as with everything Ram in this recall, it's so difficult to navigate

·
Registered
63 Posts
I questioned the whole fca awareness thing too. Advisors stated they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. Also said, this fix clears the recall. Seems odd that they can clear a recall with an old unit. Considering
To date, after talking to 8 people at Corporate FCA and 2 at my dealer - Zero understand the issues involved with the AEM Settlement or the EGR Cooler issue. This includes calls to the special FCA Hotline set up for the Settlement calls.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just got mine back after 70 days at the dealership. The service manager also made clear to me that the truck was still outstanding for the recall, because the old part number was used.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will when I get it back Thursday. I had the advisors check with parts before I got there Told then I didn’t want the old junk in it again

It's the old egr cooler.. temporary fix and will not clear the recall, if they try to somehow clear it after replacement with an older design cooler I'd throw a huge pissing match.

Your dealer is clueless like the rest of them and just lying to you to appease you I'm sure. After you get the truck back you should investigate the cooler that's installed (pictures, part #'s on the cooler itself, etc) and post them here. It'd be interesting to see what they did.

By the way, from what I've heard the recall fix is much more than just a redesign EGR cooler, part of the reason this is taking so long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well. Dealer was wrong. They installed the old part number. Parts gave service bad information which will ultimately cost them eating the cost to replace. The unit was covered by my emissions warranty but required approval before installing, which they didn’t get because they thought it was the “fix” which doesn’t require pre-approval.

I made sure the paperwork didn’t reflect any kind of recall work to protect myself from future BS.

At least the leaky unit is replaced. I will get back in line for the new unit with everyone else.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts