RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received the EGR Recall fix last week. My 2016 ecodiesel was already in the shop awaiting parts first for EGR and then for a intake manifold they broke while doing the EGR. So when I received it this time they stated it would have a whistling sound. And I can choke down a mild whistling sound.... but mine is quite loud and annoying! Has anyone else received theirs and also has a whistling sound. I dont believe this is right... and have been told by another mechanic that he believes it's a pressure leak. Any feed back is appreciated!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Seriously doubt you received an updated EGR. They are not available yet. Your service department installed a new EGR, but it will be the old part number.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Matckeh, you posted in the 2020 3rd gen forum. You should have posted in the 2nd gen forum. Welcome to here, it is full of friendly knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously doubt you received an updated EGR. They are not available yet. Your service department installed a new EGR, but it will be the old part number.
FCA contacted me saying the EGR recall is complete. And asked me how I like it. Unfortunately this has been a message.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Welcome from the Great White Northeast.
Interesting that they said that the update was complete on the EGR. So far no one else has got any information on actually being able to have it done yet.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Welcome to the forum - first post and now two more.

None of us are perfect. Owners need to know that only the 2020's are called Third Generation. You have the earlier model engine that needs that EGR part. Heh, your dealer was good enough to find something that will work until the newly-designed parts are in. The option would have been to run with leakage that may destroy the engine or park it for months unusable.

Thank you dealer fo keeping you going. In the near future you probably will be doing it again, hopefully without the whistling. New parts should be available mid-April.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts