RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here to this forum and have had almost no issues with my ED until recently. It has started throwing codes of P0585 and P245B. I have not looked into the first code but the second code is the EGR cooler. I had the EGR pipe cleaned of soot and the map sensor cleaned by my mechanic and he cleared the codes only to have it come back after an hour and a half driving. I’m not losing any coolant so I don’t think it is cracked but I am concerned as to whether FCA will actually fix this under the extended warranty on the settlement agreement. I’m wondering if anyone else on here has had issues with this code and FCA actually fixed it. I have 2 years left on the warranty but I’d like to know if it’s worth the paper it’s written on. Anyone with experience on this let me know.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The second code is for the egr bypass aka not the cooler it can be caused by a plugged cooler but more often the bypass is sticking. That one should be addressed under the aem warranty. The P0585 code well not be covered under that warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get both the P0585 and P245B back after an hour and a half driving.?
Yes, I assume so but I was on a 5 hour drive so it took time to get back to get the codes read. The cruise control has always been a little goofy. It won’t turn on on rare occasions. It might take a few tries to get it on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year and how many miles?

Might be time to trade in?
I have thought about trading it but this has been the best truck I’ve ever had for traveling. I bought it for work because it had every creature comfort imaginable because I traveled a lot in my work. It has a lot of miles on it but no rust anywhere as I don’t drive it in the winter. Rides like a Cadillac because the air ride suspension. I looked at the 2500 and 3500 Ram diesels because that is all my company had for vehicles. They were fantastic but I don’t need the towing ability those trucks have although I wish this truck had a little more umph to it. It’s a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn. 177,000 miles and only 2 blemishes in the body From parking lot scrapes from people who hit and run. I plan to have those fixed.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Yes, I assume so but I was on a 5 hour drive so it took time to get back to get the codes read. The cruise control has always been a little goofy. It won’t turn on on rare occasions. It might take a few tries to get it on.
Hi: A Wilson...Sometimes I think I don't push the buttons fully!!! At home it may "Take a few tries to get it on" too!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi: A Wilson...Sometimes I think I don't push the buttons fully!!! At home it may "Take a few tries to get it on" too!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
I’m glad I’m not the only one! Lol! This has been a great truck and it was 100% paid for the day I got it. New trucks are crazy expensive! Used trucks are too! This is my rest of life truck.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,806 Posts
I have thought about trading it but this has been the best truck I’ve ever had for traveling. I bought it for work because it had every creature comfort imaginable because I traveled a lot in my work. It has a lot of miles on it but no rust anywhere as I don’t drive it in the winter. Rides like a Cadillac because the air ride suspension. I looked at the 2500 and 3500 Ram diesels because that is all my company had for vehicles. They were fantastic but I don’t need the towing ability those trucks have although I wish this truck had a little more umph to it. It’s a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn. 177,000 miles and only 2 blemishes in the body From parking lot scrapes from people who hit and run. I plan to have those fixed.
It is the lack of replacement engines that makes owning an older Ecodiesel troublesome.

Even my 2017 Tradesman Ecodiesel rode like a champ, I agree, the 1500 is a nice ride.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the lack of replacement engines that makes owning an older Ecodiesel troublesome.

Even my 2017 Tradesman Ecodiesel rode like a champ, I agree, the 1500 is a nice ride.

Good luck.
I get that for sure. It’s a bummer but that seems to be the way of the world. Very few replacements for anything manufactured these days. I’ve know of a friends Cummins that lasted over a million miles and still running.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Big Horn Granite Crystal 4x4 CC 6'4" box
972 Posts
If you want to have a sand point for watering grass, at least in my area good luck with that. 1 1/4 " galvanized pipe is virtually none existent. None to be had. My son found 5-4" lengths for $312 online. that was it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update I took my Ecodiesel in last week after deciding to pony up the $160 that turned into $170 diagnosis. Unbelievable! They found the problem! The vacuum hose on the EGR valve was disconnected causing it not to perform as expected. Several miles later the engine light is still silent And my fuel economy is improving slightly. My dealer has restored a little faith in me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts