RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who has knowledge on the EGR's on the Ecodiesel tell me why my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel with the same part number EGR of the RAM is not part of the recall? Every other recall pertaining to the engine on the RAM has been applied to the Jeep also. Because of what I learned on this site, I'm always looking at my degas/overflow bottle to make sure the fluid level isn't dropping and there is no oily residue. But really trying to understand why I'm not part of the recall. Same EGR, same plastic intake manifold, same issues of cleaning MAP sensor, same soot issues, V08 and then VA7 etc etc.
Thanks to anyone who can explain this.

·
Registered
594 Posts
It's all about the$$$$. Not too many jeeps out there compared to the rams, hence not enough fires to call for a recall. That's my understanding maybe someone else will have a better idea.

·
Administrator
8,677 Posts
It's all about the$$$$. Not too many jeeps out there compared to the rams, hence not enough fires to call for a recall. That's my understanding maybe someone else will have a better idea.
Hmm that could very well be the case.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
JGC EGR is different from RAM EGR , many pictures to show that from the EGR delete threads ,

------

GDE said there is something else to consider to explain the fires .

post # 67 in here :

·
Registered
244 Posts
Someone had said that the 2018 JGC Eco had the newer redesign (that the 2020 Ram received), taking the exhaust after the dpf. Wonder if that is actually true..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts