RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Google Torque bhp. Its an Android app for phone or tablet. I used to use it to provide additional gauges for my old F-250. I had it set up to provide a heck of a lot of info, but if you have the nice gauge cluster then you have a lot of what the Torque app can provide.

Today I finally got around to setting up Torque for the Ram. I set up screen with the following 5 gauges.
Hp, Torque, Load, EGT, Boost

Then I set up a 2nd screen with
GPS Speed, Speed diff (GPS vs. OBD reported).

I've not played around with it and the Ram enough to figure out just what gauges I can make work, or what the quirks are. Everything has quirks. The app is dependent on OBDII data and sometimes there is confusion on how to interpret the OBDII data and a gauge doesn't work. or the OBDII stream can report a particular "SPID" infrequently and that's why the HP reading is a bit erratic. If you really want a gauge and it's not working, some research in the right forums might indicated a solution.

The gauge I really wanted was EGT and that seems to work fine. The others I'm just going to play around with. Back when I was towing with the F-250 I used an Android tablet fastened to the dash and had it packed with gauges.

The Torque app is dirt cheap. You'll need a Bluetooth OBDII adapter. They go for ~$20 on ebay.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I was looking at that before, and I saw that some of the cheap adaptors had issues. Can you show us the adaptor you got?

·
Registered
396 Posts
this may be a dumb question but since it uses Bluetooth to connect can it be connected to my phone at the same time my phone is connected to the UConnect? I know little about Bluetooth but I thought each device could only connect to one thing at a time???

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this may be a dumb question but since it uses Bluetooth to connect can it be connected to my phone at the same time my phone is connected to the UConnect? I know little about Bluetooth but I thought each device could only connect to one thing at a time???
Your phone should be able multitask this fine. My Samsung S3 is now a couple generations behind the latest phones.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
shoudn't be an issue. my LG G2 is connected to my ODB2 sensor while at the same time connected to my car's media (stereo) streaming music.

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is there an apple app similar to the one you guy's are discussing ?
Yes, several. I just downloaded Dashcommand for $9.99. It is on my iPad mini and iphone. Check out YouTube for some videos of it in use. Now I'm waiting for my under $20 OBDII wifi interface to arrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts