RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried one of these on our new trucks yet? The website says an update is coming to include our newest truck but also said it should work for most things already. I'm scared to try one on my new truck since I'm waiting for the DPF temp sensor to come in since that's the issue from it having a check engine light on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Several here including me are using these adapters via Bluetooth to view additional gauges for the engine. Boost and EGT are available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have mini disk reader on my Mac so I can't use the supplied software or instructions. how do you clear codes?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i have one and it seems to be working just fine. i don't claim to be much of an expert i use the torque android app and so far its working from what little i've played with. i would like to know how to get EGT to display in F and not C - so if anybody happens to know that little trick, would appreciate hearing :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Dashcommand app for my iPhone 5S. Haven't hooked anything up yet. Looking for more info since I can't read the mini disk.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I tried this one and it popped a few lights (park activation and traction control). I unplugged it and everything returned to normal. I will not be using it.

BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've heard the mini disks have some malware or something on them I just got the torque app and use it on my android.

·
Registered
374 Posts
In other threads, it sounds like these things are screwing up the radio and other things. Anyone start throwing codes after plugging these readers in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts