RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my order for a ECO DIESEL RAM BIG HORN was placed on 2-9-14 a.m. by my dealer. I got a email notification , PRODUCTION SCHEDULED . Order was received and is scheduled to be produced in our assembly plant. Does this mean that my truck will be built in the near future ?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my order for a ECO DIESEL RAM BIG HORN was placed on 2-9-14 a.m. by my dealer. I got a email notification , PRODUCTION SCHEDULED . Order was received and is scheduled to be produced in our assembly plant. Does this mean that my truck will be built in the near future ?
Define "near future." :p
You should have also received a temporary VIN at the bottom of the email. That means the truck should be built. When depends on many factors: scheduling for your truck model, parts availability, paint color, etc. It could be just a few weeks or it could be months. I think that when a full VIN is issued then assembly is imminent.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vin# they gave me was only the last 8 #s. By near future I mean 8to10 weeks. Witch would be fine with me. Just happy to know that my truck order made it. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That's the last 8 of your full VIN. It's in at least D status if you got that email.
The VOT site does not give much info and covers only some of the possible status designations. Can we check the current status code on-line, or do we have to call Customer Service or the dealer?

·
Registered
50 Posts
DieselDave,

I'm not too sure you should get excited just yet. I had my order in on Dec 23rd ... reached the D1 status .. was given an expected ship date of Jan 30th ... now my truck is back to a 'C' status which means its not even scheduled for production.

Mine was a Big Horn and I didn't have any special options like ram boxes, air suspension that would cause it to be delayed.

I checked with my dealer today and he said that none of the EcoDiesels have been produced yet. not sure if that is true but anything that was built might be sitting in a yard on hold.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Over 1200 have been built. All are on hold to quality check them.
What the heck are they checking? That sounds more like something was left out like happened with the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news from my dealer today. He call and told me that I can change my 3.55s for a pair of 3.92s on my ED Big Horn. This was not an option for me on 2-9-14. Thought somebody out there would like to know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I want to change mine to 3.92's too, but with all the drama I dont want to rock the boat and get my order delayed due to technicalities.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I want to change mine to 3.92's too, but with all the drama I dont want to rock the boat and get my order delayed due to technicalities.
There's several aftermarket companies that sell replacement gears which are also tougher. They're tougher than factory BUT they can sound a little "whiney" due to the tooth angles(which is why they're stronger). You can even go with a 4.10 from several companies which should drop you down by fewer MPG than the drop from 3.55-3.92(1-2 MPG depending on equipment). You can even go farther...but...why...
A fully-equipped Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn 4x4 with Rambox+Air suspension was recorded at 26 MPG. If your truck is lighter, you could probably get away with a trail-tough 4.10 and still make 25 MPG! I'm already pricing it out for when my truck's paid off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for the info EgoDiesel. Glad I have an option to upgrade when I get it home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts