RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done the AEM recall at deal. But I lost the letter from FCA about getting the 3k. Can some help me towards the right place to do that? Maybe another thread? Dealer was not helpful at all. They said they will send paper work on but I have no trust in that. I feel I need to do something else or I'll miss on the $$. Thanks for help. Oh I have a 2016 ecodiesel 31k miles. I had the egr and later the egr cooler replaced around 18k miles. A little later the same Check Engine came on and they said they had to take intake manifold and clean it up.

·
Administrator
8,859 Posts
So I have done the AEM recall at deal. But I lost the letter from FCA about getting the 3k. Can some help me towards the right place to do that? Maybe another thread? Dealer was not helpful at all. They said they will send paper work on but I have no trust in that. I feel I need to do something else or I'll miss on the $$. Thanks for help. Oh I have a 2016 ecodiesel 31k miles. I had the egr and later the egr cooler replaced around 18k miles. A little later the same Check Engine came on and they said they had to take intake manifold and clean it up.
This should help.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've accomplished all the steps, recall update done about a month ago. How long are folks waiting before the settlement checks show up?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I've accomplished all the steps, recall update done about a month ago. How long are folks waiting before the settlement checks show up?
...until it shows up! :cool:

Seriously tho, from reading around here it seems to take a couple months. I doubt FCA is in any hurry to send you cash, plus it takes awhile to process apparently. Just hang in there, you are almost there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got the email notification that it was processed and now I need to sign and get the form notarized. Email says I can scan/attach and reply to the email or mail it in. I purchased my 2015 eco diesel in the first half of April 2019. Had the AEM completed the next day at the same dealership and then filled out the recall packet within a week or so. So roughly competed sometime around April 15th-20th. Email came today 9/30/19 so currently it took me roughly 5 months. I'll be notarizing and emailing it in today. up to 6 weeks to process the check. I was approved for the full $3075. I'm selecting the option for 2 separate checks first one is $2460 and then when FCA closes the application window if the previous owner doesn't send in the application then a second check for $615 will come.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Curious.... I just received two emails from FCA the next day after posting above. Do they monitor this forum ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The whole recall Has been a little bit confusing. I registered online for a class action suit saying if I get the emissions recall done to my truck that I will receive $3000. I did the recall in the re-programmed something in the truck had it for a few days. I just got another letter in the mail saying that there’s another recall for the EGR cooler. I constantly have a check engine light. The dealer said that it is related to the EGR sensor“Not to worry you have a recall on it. I like the truck better before I did the recall don’t like the check engine light that my Mac reader can’t read. And as far as at $3000 they never mailed me nothing and I can’t find that website again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did the recall, and sent in all my paperwork at the and of May, 2019. I got the check near the end of September.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts