RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ecodiesel engine blew on 12-27-15 at 31000 miles. Chrysler care case manager seems totally inept. Any other ideas would b greatly appreciated. We moved to Texas from Virginia the day after the engine blew so unfortunately I cant make trips to the dealer to talk in person.

Thanks,
Elliott

·
Registered
2,979 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ebloxom, Your 1st 2 post without voting some may question your motive(s). So the Truck in VA or TX.
Still trying get the hang of this. I will try to find a poll and vote. THe truck is in VA still and I am in Texas where I am now working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't really have any symptoms. I had just had the truck in for service the Monday before. We were trying to burn some fuel off as plans had changed and we were no longer going to drive the truck do to my dads heart problem (afib) right at Christmas. So we were driving around town with the family running some errands and all of the sudden it seemed like I lost power and heard a horrible clanking noise. Luckily we were close to the dealer and I could coast down the hill and leave it parked at the service garage. After that we were loaded up to leave town in the minivan pulling a trailer and thats where the truck has been stuck since.

·
Administrator
2,187 Posts
I didn't really have any symptoms. I had just had the truck in for service the Monday before. We were trying to burn some fuel off as plans had changed and we were no longer going to drive the truck do to my dads heart problem (afib) right at Christmas. So we were driving around town with the family running some errands and all of the sudden it seemed like I lost power and heard a horrible clanking noise. Luckily we were close to the dealer and I could coast down the hill and leave it parked at the service garage. After that we were loaded up to leave town in the minivan pulling a trailer and thats where the truck has been stuck since.
Really? So you're driving down the road, and suddenly, you think your motor has just blown, but, luckily you are able to coast into the dealer lot. Then you pack up and move across the country???

Sounds a little suspicious, don't you think? Especially for a first post..... anyway, welcome to the forum. You will likely have to deliver some additional information before many here will consider your claims to be truthful.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
eblooxom, Hopefully you are in position too wait them out if NOT, kindly ask the repairing Dealership for advice, if they think a future sale is in the works they will go to bat for Ya, but you will most likely loose some capital, You are probably looking at 30 Days +,Now here's the real unknown if you get it back to TX and problems develop the repairing Dealership may stop and ask Ram to investigate 1st, more time wasted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really? So you're driving down the road, and suddenly, you think your motor has just blown, but, luckily you are able to coast into the dealer lot. Then you pack up and move across the country???

Sounds a little suspicious, don't you think? Especially for a first post..... anyway, welcome to the forum. You will likely have to deliver some additional information before many here will consider your claims to be truthful.
Yes it was all of the sudden, it had been in for a oil change on Monday and I suspected that may have been the problem when I pulled over. It had plenty of oil and I was in town about a mile away from the dealer so yes I drove it straight to the service bay on Sunday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's under warranty so they will fix it. The question is how long it will take?
Yes they are fixing it, may father stopped by the dealer and saw the truck sitting with the new long block in a crate. They are waiting for some parts such as gaskets.

·
Administrator
2,187 Posts
Yes it was all of the sudden, it had been in for a oil change on Monday and I suspected that may have been the problem when I pulled over. It had plenty of oil and I was in town about a mile away from the dealer so yes I drove it straight to the service bay on Sunday.
Best of luck with it.... please keep us updated on your situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's been near a month ago. What has that dealer done with the truck?
It's taking up a bay in the shop with the new engine sits on a crate right next to it. Chrysler care told me this morning the parts were expedited and should be to the dealer by the 8th of February. Now we wait!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
It's taking up a bay in the shop with the new engine sits on a crate right next to it. Chrysler care told me this morning the parts were expedited and should be to the dealer by the 8th of February. Now we wait!
So nobody knows what failed? The dealer just randomly ordered a new long block without telling you what failed? Where is the old engine? Any pics that you can post?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So nobody knows what failed? The dealer just randomly ordered a new long block without telling you what failed? Where is the old engine? Any pics that you can post?
They told me the connecting rods failed, The old engine is still sitting in the truck until they get all the parts needed which is the real problem. I am down working a new job in Texas so I don't have access to the truck and my company is supposed to be shipping me the truck once everything is finished. I will see if my father who lives nearby in VA can get me some pictures for you.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
They told me the connecting rods failed, The old engine is still sitting in the truck until they get all the parts needed which is the real problem. I am down working a new job in Texas so I don't have access to the truck and my company is supposed to be shipping me the truck once everything is finished. I will see if my father who lives nearby in VA can get me some pictures for you.
I should clarify, the pics aren't for me, they are for your case & anyone else that may have the same kind of failure or knows something about the resolution process. Have you opened up a STAR case with customer care? If not, do it - at the worst, they can expidite your parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts