RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ram 1500 Rebel Ecodiesel 4x4
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone know what the procedures are for cloning a ECM.
i want to get the GDE tune but do not want the downtime it take to send the ECM to them.
so i thought if i can just get a new ECM from the dealer or online Mopar parts website then
i could clone it myself before sending it off to GDE.

edit "sorry, the truck is a 2022 rebel version"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking at the website it looks like i would have to send in my ECM for them to add the tune and clone a copy. i did not see anything about them sending a clone with a tune loaded to me.
looking at the map it shows about a 4 day delivery time one way from Texas. that is why i was looking to get a new ECM and clone it and them send it to them to add the tune.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was hoping the cloning procedure was something that could be done at home like with ALFAOBD but i guess a trip to the dealer is in my future.

·
Vendor
1,468 Posts
looking at the website it looks like i would have to send in my ECM for them to add the tune and clone a copy. i did not see anything about them sending a clone with a tune loaded to me.
looking at the map it shows about a 4 day delivery time one way from Texas. that is why i was looking to get a new ECM and clone it and them send it to them to add the tune.
Many folks opt for overnight shipping to/from GDE to minimize downtime. AlfaOBD is not capable of setting up a pcm. Setting up a clone requires dedicated hardware, a dealer can setup a new pcm for the vehicle with WiTech, but they will charge significantly for it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
119 Posts
does anyone know what the procedures are for cloning a ECM.
i want to get the GDE tune but do not want the downtime it take to send the ECM to them.
so i thought if i can just get a new ECM from the dealer or online Mopar parts website then
i could clone it myself before sending it off to GDE.

edit "sorry, the truck is a 2022 rebel version"
Here is an older thread that may be of interest to you

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,211 Posts
Here is an older thread that may be of interest to you

I think because the OPs truck is a 2022 (Gen 3), that changes everything and the method for Gen 2s does not apply.

·
Registered
2020 4x4 3.0L 3.92 (SOLD: 2016 Laramie 3.0L 3.55 GDE tuned)
111 Posts
Finding a new or used ECM for the Gen 3 trucks may be difficult. Things may have changed in the last few months, but I was only able to find one new ECM at a dealership in CA and they wouldn’t sell it to me. I tried getting my local dealership to buy it, but the price was prohibitive.
I found a used ECM on Car-Part and it was the only unit available for the Ecodiesel. I now have my stock ECM and the cloned one with the GDE tuning.
As GDE mentioned, they’ll ship it back to you overnight via UPS, you just need to ask and pay the additional cost.

·
Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
119 Posts
I think because the OPs truck is a 2022 (Gen 3), that changes everything and the method for Gen 2s does not apply.
I keep forgetting that 😬 😂😂

Reactions: Ecosparky
1 - 17 of 17 Posts