RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram Eco Diesel Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So I’ve got my new grille on. I plan to wrap the the border of the new grille and upper chrome piece in a I ran the coolest temps to date pulling my travel trailer. Before at the top of sustained 5-7% grades I’d hit 237 on coolant and 267 on oil. New temps now bounce off 228-230 coolant and stay at 255 oil. I even pushed it harder just for science on last climb and netted 228 and 257 oil, so it’s really staying solid.

Another great effect is the A/C would be warm by the top, now it’s still frosty. Now ambient temps were hotter last pull but not enough to say these results are nil. I also did a day to day comparison towing with old grille on same highway stretch at same temps. Resulted in 3 degree coolant drop and 2 degree oil drop. Doesn’t sound like much but when you get to the top of the grades towing 7500 lbs in the desert that little bump multiply’s. Plus these trucks are just set up to run in that heat range to begin with so we won’t see much change in normal operating temps.

Another piece to the puzzle, I removed my horn at the same time and am relocating it to the bumper. Why they take up any Of the little Realestate there is in that small window to the radiator with the horn beats me. After thought by the trim department. Umm well it fits here… durrr!

Pretty pleased with the results. Guess I have to wait until next summers heat waves to really test her again but this small gain puts me in a safer zone, and I’m cool with that.

·
Registered
2021 Ram Eco Diesel Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That looks really good, and seems like a great option for higher temp climates. Reminds me of the grill on the f150 STX one of the best front ends if you are not into all the chrome on the other packages. Can you post a link to where you purchased?
Thanks! Definitely the right grille to aid in better peak cooling temps. They did a great job replicating a TRX grille. Look forward to getting it wrapped for final touches. Hope this link works. It’s on eBay for 249.99. TRX style grille.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts