RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While researching the menus trying to figure out how to control the cargo light, I came across the hidden Engineering Menu on the Uconnect 8.4AN display. Turn on the engine and let the display boot up. Hold down the heating and cooling buttons (the physical buttons below the display, and for both driver and passenger on a dual climate system). The Engineering Menu appears with 13 items:

• Version Information
  • Performance Information
  • SSP_DEBUG Mode-Reset Headunit Require
  • Navigation Demo Mode
  • Core Dump Logs-Reset Headunit Required
  • Radio Diagnostics
  • Thermal Data
  • Move ecall log to USB
  • Logging to USB
  • XM Satellite
  • Reset To Factory Defaults
  • ##Menu Advanced
  • ECall Number
There is nothing I can do with this for now, but some of you more adventurous owners might want to play with it. ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hmmm, would it let you select any of those options?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wonder if you could change the theme of Uconnect there. I want my theme changed to blue instead of orange. I dont think I will attempt that anytime soon though! Cool find!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I played with the above menu today. It's really a true "Debug" menu. In the performance section... there is just radio info. (memory size and CPU)

The only useful thing for us, is the "Factory reset". I was doing a little reading last night, and a few guys who had issues with linking a phone, did a reset, and it worked after.

BUT.... I've also seen another menu where there was more "Customer Info" on the 2013. SO you could save presets, and whatnot. Also... I saw a way to do a screen capture. Things like that can be removed, or added with software updates... so it may not be there anymore.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Wonder what we'll discover next?! Maybe if we try a combo like "raise the rear, passenger door window; open LOWER glovebox to activate light; open tailgate" we'll find a hidden marguerita mixer in center console trucks! It requires two people, obviously, but that's fine because friends don't let friends go near tequila alone. ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
No, but for an extra 5 grand they'll throw in a Fiat 500, which makes lattes. ;)
Does that 5K include the model?

If so, I am definitely in.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
What's a latte?

Sad fellow in that ad. I would have licked that foam off instantly and taken a good slap before apologizing.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That would be an EcoMarguerita mixer :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts