RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
104 Posts
Now that this tune has been out a while, can we get an update from the early users? Anyone with problems? DEF usage? EGR fails? How clean is your oil?
I can’t speak specifically to DEF, EGR, etc. But I can comment on the overall improvements with the EPA-compliment GDE PCM/TCM tune.

I bought a 2014 ED with the typical cold turbo lag, dead pedal, and jerky shifts. It got better when warmed up, but always a little sluggish until I put my foot into it.

The GDE tune addressed these issues and really woke it up. No turbo lag, a nice linear pedal and smoother transmission shifting with less gear hunting. The transformation made driving fun.

I was reminded of how much the tune improved driving when I re-flashed to the OEM to get the W58 recall completed. The truck was back to being like a grumpy old man waking up. No fun at all.

The GDE update following the W58 was easy to install and again made driving my ED enjoyable.

IMO, the tune is one of the best ‘bang for buck’ improvements out there. FYI they do offer a military discount.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 2wd with 3.92 gears and tow package, Tradesman
110 Posts
So the update is out that incorporates the W58 recall? How does one get the update? I also love the GDE Compliant tune. I can’t really tell a difference in how dark the oil is after 3,000 or 4,000 miles between the old and new tune. Both are much cleaner than stock. I highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
104 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
3.0L EcoDiesel Tune Update for RAM & Cherokee - Existing Customers
What does it mean by existing customers? Is this for people who had previously tuned their ecodiesel? I haven't had anything done on mine so do I still order this?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,002 Posts
What does it mean by existing customers? Is this for people who had previously tuned their ecodiesel? I haven't had anything done on mine so do I still order this?
If your referring to the link in post #263, that's if you already have the EPA compliant tune and want to update the tune/software of ECM.

If you had the AEM recall done on your truck, you need to order the EPA compliant tune:
RAM (DS) EcoDiesel Compliant Engine & Trans Tune - GDE
If you had the Pre-EPA tune and lost it when the AEM recall was done, send GDE an email as I think they might offer a discount for being a prior customer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your referring to the link in post #263, that's if you already have the EPA compliant tune and want to update the tune/software of ECM.

If you had the AEM recall done on your truck, you need to order the EPA compliant tune:
If you had the Pre-EPA tune and lost it when the AEM recall was done, send GDE an email as I think they might offer a discount for being a prior customer.
Thanks, that clears it up.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts

I had the original HOT tune, I lost it to the AEM on my 2015. I ordered the GDE emissions compliant tune last week and was charged $50 for the update tune $195 for the tuner, and $300 for the trans tune. I think now the only way they offer it is with the transmission tune.

261 - 267 of 267 Posts