RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
We will not be doing any custom (one off) tuning as it would require emission compliance testing and is roughly $30,000 for the emission tests at a cert lab. With the new regulations, the flexibility is greatly reduced.
Thank you very much GDE!

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500
4 Posts
GDE - question On The new gen 3 tune. What are the anticipated improvements in HP and Torque for the gen 3 platform? And is this targeted for summer? I’m Holding off on buying a gen 3 until your tune is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gde can we get an answer on this, I'm curious myself.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Gde can we get an answer on this, I'm curious myself.
Check out Green Diesel Engineering . These are 2nd Gen tune specs but the reason I'm posting is I'm sure GDE will be very transparent with the tune results once they have everything finalized. Keep an eye on their site.

·
Registered
458 Posts
We will not be doing any custom (one off) tuning as it would require emission compliance testing and is roughly $30,000 for the emission tests at a cert lab. With the new regulations, the flexibility is greatly reduced.
That's a bummer.

Was hoping to get the cruise control speed adjustment sensitivity tweaked. That was the only complaint I had with the tune, the constant (and maybe greater than average) grade changes in CO made for the truck scrubbing upwards of 5mph on most inclines before attempting to keep up with the set speed. Not much fun and seemed to piss most people off that came rushing up my bum as to why I couldn't maintain speed. Pissed them off more when it compensated and got back up to speed again...right about the time they were beside me.

The stock cruise isn't perfect, but only scrubs about 2-3 mph on the same grade changes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
@GDE , I'm confused about the update tune. On your website, it says:
If you had our engine tune only, then you need a flash tool ($200) to perform the update and also a trans tune ($300)

I've never had the trans tune, only the old Hot Tune. Does this mean if I want the new engine tune I will also have to buy the trans tune?

·
Administrator
8,675 Posts
If you had our engine tune only, then you need a flash tool ($200) to perform the update and also a trans tune ($300)

I've never had the trans tune, only the old Hot Tune. Does this mean if I want the new engine tune I will also have to buy the trans tune?
You just need the flash tool, not the trans tune.
Edit: GDE says "The new setup is a combo engine and trans tune."
I stand corrected.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I like some of (what I think) is new capabilities of the new tune (e.g. cooling fan, glow plug, 3 way valve, etc.). Were those in the original tunes? I don't ever remember hearing about them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kind of confusing. It says the engine tune update is $50 and if you don’t add anything else to it, comes to a $100 total.

If you add the transmission tune to it, comes to $350 total

But you do have to add $200 for a flash tool if you don’t have one.

You can’t buy transmission tune alone it must be sold with the engine tune.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The official release data is 22 June for Ram. You might be able to pre-order tomorrow if the website is updated today.
I assume California is still delayed, date TBD?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

Correct. The new setup is a combo engine and trans tune.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts