RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If i buy update for both trans and engine, after the update can i put my original gde ecu back in and work with the trans tune?
I like your thought process, but I doubt they are going to answer this. You should ask if it would theoretically work. You know, in case you find it while fishing one day, since that ECU got lost in a tragic boating incident. Right?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab 4x4 EcoDiesel w/ Air Suspension
7 Posts
Pardon any ignorance on my part, but does this tune need a certain preexisting, factory software version (i.e. FCA post-AEM tune vs FCA pre-AEM tune) in place before applying the GDE tune? I assume that this will work for both Canadian specific and US specific software versions. I ask because I have a Canadian truck with pre-AEM (factory original) software.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Pardon any ignorance on my part, but does this tune need a certain preexisting, factory software version (i.e. FCA post-AEM tune vs FCA pre-AEM tune) in place before applying the GDE tune? I assume that this will work for both Canadian specific and US specific software versions. I ask because I have a Canadian truck with pre-AEM (factory original) software.
Have the latest TSB and recalls completed before tuning. Thanks GDE

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Alright looks like the devices are shipping now. When will the tunes be emailed out?
After folks receive those tools and email the stock tunes in for building. I would assume things will get rolling in the next day or two on that end.

·
Registered
256 Posts
After folks receive those tools and email the stock tunes in for building. I would assume things will get rolling in the next day or two on that end.
i just recieved my tool and couple hours later figure out that its not for my 2020 ecodiesel .

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Eugene from Canada ,,,
next summer for 2020 GDE tune , once it is tested to GDE's satisfaction , all seasons , and different towing usages .
question is , will there be a 2020 tune for Canadians with EGR shut off , like previous version still available to Canadians ...

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
i just recieved my tool and couple hours later figure out that its not for my 2020 ecodiesel .
Eugene, We have nothing on our website or any reference to a 2020 Ram. Why don't you ship it back for a refund?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Eugene, We have nothing on our website or any reference to a 2020 Ram. Why don't you ship it back for a refund?
i hope you guys not gonna change the way to load ECM in next year , i see no point to send it back , cause i already pay delivery and custom charges like 60$ and if i pay another 45$ what the point ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Eugene from Canada ,,,
next summer for 2020 GDE tune , once it is tested to GDE's satisfaction , all seasons , and different towing usages .
question is , will there be a 2020 tune for Canadians with EGR shut off , like previous version still available to Canadians ...
Bro , i figure it out already , my mistake , but i apreciate your posts . Cheers !(y)👏

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see on the site it shows the current customer update listed as $50, but toward the bottom it shows $100? Is that because you're classifying them as two different tunes, so it's $50 for the engine update, and $50 for the trans update, or is that a mistake on the page?

I'm assuming if we already have the trans tune and the flash tool, we'll need to revert our current trans tune so the device isn't "locked"?

Will you need to send a software update for the flash tool to support both engine and trans tunes on the same device, or will the current software version work fine for it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have the latest TSB and recalls completed before tuning. Thanks GDE
Is this an absolute requirement, or just highly recommended?

What if someone had 2 ECU's, one with stock, one with GDE Hot Tune, but wanted to keep stock stock, and overwrite their original GDE Hot Tune with an EPA certified tune from GDE?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I see on the site it shows the current customer update listed as $50, but toward the bottom it shows $100? Is that because you're classifying them as two different tunes, so it's $50 for the engine update, and $50 for the trans update, or is that a mistake on the page?

I'm assuming if we already have the trans tune and the flash tool, we'll need to revert our current trans tune so the device isn't "locked"?

Will you need to send a software update for the flash tool to support both engine and trans tunes on the same device, or will the current software version work fine for it?

Thanks.
Engine and Trans are two different ecms in the vehicle, yes $50 each if you have the flash tool already. Correct, you must flash the stock trans tune in vehicle, then erase the tool on pc before starting reflash process. The new instructions for converting the tool template are at the link here: EcoDiesel Info Repository - Google Drive

Having all the recalls and latest dealer updates is a requirement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine and Trans are two different ecms in the vehicle, yes $50 each if you have the flash tool already. Correct, you must flash the stock trans tune in vehicle, then erase the tool on pc before starting reflash process. The new instructions for converting the tool template are at the link here: EcoDiesel Info Repository - Google Drive

H
What is the price for the engine tune on my2015?
Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
If i buy update for both trans and engine, after the update can i put my original gde ecu back in and work with the trans tune?
I don't see why it wouldn't. If it did not, then if someone mistakenly gets either module flashed back to stock with an update, then you could effectively end up with a bricked truck until you get an update from GDE. (I realize this is a no-no and you should always flash back to stock... but hypothetically speaking.) I say this because, as GDE has stated, the transmission and engine tune are only officially EPA compliant together. So technically, a stock engine tune with a GDE transmission tune (or vice versa) is no more compliant than a "legacy" GDE tune in the eyes of the EPA.

The only other possibility is GDE could have a logic bomb in the software if a "legacy" GDE tune is detected, but man that would be nasty.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts