RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, guys I have been watching quietly here trying to learn from everyone's questions. Now I have a few of my own.

1. So all of my updates, TSB's, and recalls are all cleaned up. As a result of a new engine a few months ago. According to FCA, the only thing I don't have is the AEM thing done. Do I have to get that done before I can get the GDE tune?

2. When we place the order and the tool is shipped to us, is it programed and ready to go just save our current factory tune to the tool for later and upload the GDE tune to our truck and done? Or did I catch something about having to save our factory tune to the tool and email it to GDE for program coding then receive New GDE Tune....i hope I just miss understood someone about that.

3. Has anyone received their new tune yet and tried it out? Any true early reviews of the actual new tune yet from anyone?

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had pretty much the same questions TractorMan had but I have an additional one. If, after taking my Eco to the dealer for...lets say warranty work, and they flash over my tune, can I simply flash over that with the GDE tune again? Or do I flash mine back to original before taking it in and then flash the GDE tune when I get home? I'm not sure how that works. I don't want to void my extended warranty nor do I want to lose my GDE tune.

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I had pretty much the same questions TractorMan had but I have an additional one. If, after taking my Eco to the dealer for...lets say warranty work, and they flash over my tune, can I simply flash over that with the GDE tune again? Or do I flash mine back to original before taking it in and then flash the GDE tune when I get home? I'm not sure how that works. I don't want to void my extended warranty nor do I want to lose my GDE tune.
Always flash back to stock before a dealer visit. If they overwrite the GDE tune, it will lock the flash tool rendering it junk and you would be out $200. Do not do this.

·
Super Moderator
2,568 Posts
Reactions: TractorMan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just wish they would let you know if your tune woud be emailed today or not.. I have had zero contact from them all week just trying to make sure I did everything right on my part. Trying to leave for a few days but with limited internet access where Im headed its a tough call to go or not. Id like to try the tune on the trip. Since i dont drive this truck much. just frustrated with the lack of communication.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just wish they would let you know if your tune woud be emailed today or not.. I have had zero contact from them all week just trying to make sure I did everything right on my part. Trying to leave for a few days but with limited internet access where Im headed its a tough call to go or not. Id like to try the tune on the trip. Since i dont drive this truck much. just frustrated with the lack of communication.
Communication is a 2 way street reach out to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Communication is a 2 way street reach out to them.
Well sir I haved called, emailed and PM on facebook. Nada zip zero communication.
No confirmation that I sent the file correctly. I certainly could be at fault. But there is no way of knowing. This started at the beging of the week so I gave them plenty of time to respond. I was just trying to plan a trip so I could try the tune. No biggy lost a 1/2 day trying to get a hold of GDE. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for customer service. I know they are busy. I imagine everyone is hounding them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well sir I haved called, emailed and PM on facebook. Nada zip zero communication.
No confirmation that I sent the file correctly. I certainly could be at fault. But there is no way of knowing. This started at the beging of the week so I gave them plenty of time to respond. I was just trying to plan a trip so I could try the tune. No biggy lost a 1/2 day trying to get a hold of GDE. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for customer service. I know they are busy. I imagine everyone is hounding them.
Strange everytime I reached out I have received a response within hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've emailed, called and FB Message. Dont know how I can do more. Like I said frustrated with the lack of communication on their part.
Man I was order #15. Still waiting. Postponing towing boat to cabin until
Strange everytime I reached out I have received a response within hours.
They finally responded after I resent the file. Different email addy.
It appears they go out in the order received not purchased. Which makes sense but Im out west so due to shipping it took 6 days to receive the tuner. I doubt Ill have a tune today. more than likely next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've emailed, called and FB Message. Dont know how I can do more. Like I said frustrated with the lack of communication on their part.

They finally responded after I resent the file. Different email addy.
It appears they go out in the order received not purchased. Which makes sense but Im out west so due to shipping it took 6 days to receive the tuner. I doubt Ill have a tune today. more than likely next week.
curious on what day did you send the file I am assuming I am going to be next week as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
curious on what day did you send the file I am assuming I am going to be next week as well.
Last Saturday night. Thats my take on the email I got. GDE Servers are being updated this weekend. I imagine a lot of customers got the files returned to GDE before I received my tuner. If I had known that I would have waited to buy it. My patience runs thin once I spend my $$. I wanted it for this trip, which is not going to happen so I dont need it until fall now. But I want it since they have my $$.. LOL..

121 - 140 of 151 Posts