RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2018 Jayco Jayflight 264BH. I'm looking to upgrade the suspension with a new equalizer. I have narrowed down my options between the MORryde CRE3000 and Lippert Equa-Flex. If anybody has any experience with either of these or opinions on which one I should choose I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
just dropped off my 24 foot trailer at the trailer repair shop for some axle repair. i asked the mechanic about the upgrades to the suspension, and he though its completely unnecessary...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Had the Equa-Flex on our previous TT - a 23 foot KZ. It rode extremely well over railroad tracks and other bumps and potholes. Our current trailer - a Grand Design Imagine 2400BH - does not have an aftermarket system like the Equa-Flex or MorRyde and it definitely rides and pulls rougher.

On the Grand Design forums the MorRyde is by far the preferred system with the wet bolts for the shackles. The factory shackle bushings are worn out on many trailers after just a year or so - so I'm probably going to go with the MorRyde system before the bushings grenade on me. Most people also box in the leaf spring hangers on the frame to add strength and prevent breakage. The Grand Design trailers typically have wide-spaced axles that put a lot of stress on the hangers that have led to cracks and breakdowns.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts