RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this forum and would like to share with you à glitch that started few weeks ago on my RAM 1500 eco.

After starting the engine or only selecting accessories, the mileage range indicates 1999 and slowly decreases but never reaches the value it should be, it always indicates higher. When I refuel to max, it stays at 1999 until my tank reach the 1/2. I have tried selecting miles or kilometres and even disconnected the battery with no success.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I think you have to take to dealer for a scan.

Reactions: shawclan5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may have something to do with the fuel quantity transmitter or the computer. Yesterday, while driving I realized that my fuel quantity had increased to 3/4 while it should be around 1/4. After restarting the engine, it came back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
910 Posts
Electrical gremlim, just like my outdoor temp can read -40F, automatically turn on the seat heaters and roast your nuts when it's about +85 outside.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
why ?
did you get your truck back already ?
if yes then why party in this thread ?
oh I see . 1999 miles to go , = 1999 , I was slow on catching that one Lucky ..:p

·
Registered
507 Posts
@markus, did you ever resolve issue? My 2015 just got stuck on 700 miles to go. Also gauge hasn't moved off of full in several hundred miles. Since I'm on a cross country road trip could be an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay guys...the problem finally resolved by itself...electrical gremlins like Patroller8D said! It is now back to normal and even more accurate than before. no explanation unfortunately!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well glad U were able to get closure. My DTE on this MY 19 is off. IS set up for a 23 gallon tank (which is low end stock standard) instead of 26 gal tank. I actually went to dealer, presented proof. THEY said: have to bring, empty. They will fully drain tank, then fill to top, then check to confirm, I'm like, NO< they said that is what FCA wanted to verify. SA told me it was BS but he was stuck as that was what FCA wanted. Gotta luv FCA..

In retrospect, I have a pretty good dealership and SA.

Reactions: shawclan5
1 - 10 of 10 Posts