RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2019 Eco-diesel. At less than 2500 miles, I saw a warning on the center display for an exhaust filter being 90% blocked.Fearing some government overreach lack of compliance signal being sent to the authorities or having a forced shut down I did as instructed. Being a city dweller who drives a mixed city and highway, I went out of my way and drove for 10 minutes at highway speeds to reduce the blockage to 20%. This cancelled the message. Has anyone else experienced this issue at low mileages or can I expect this issue every 2500 miles?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, and you did the right thing. I don’t see that too often because my ‘15 ED is my only vehicle so I drive it enough for regen to complete when it starts. You can Google or search YouTube to learn more about it but nothing to be alarmed about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,388 Posts
I own a 2019 Eco-diesel. At less than 2500 miles, I saw a warning on the center display for an exhaust filter being 90% blocked.Fearing some government overreach lack of compliance signal being sent to the authorities or having a forced shut down I did as instructed. Being a city dweller who drives a mixed city and highway, I went out of my way and drove for 10 minutes at highway speeds to reduce the blockage to 20%. This cancelled the message. Has anyone else experienced this issue at low mileages or can I expect this issue every 2500 miles?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
You could see it even more often until you understand the regeneration process ,
important to read the thread posted in link # 3 by 97hmcs , it will save you headaches .
--------
if you have an old smart phone not used , get the " Torque pro app " and install it on the old phone
it will turn it into a monitor so you can see all the time the soot % in the diesel particule filter ( DPF )
you need to buy a +/- $50 dongle that you stick in the OBDII port near your right knee under the dash,
that dongle communicates all the info the truck's computer uses to the Torque Pro app on old phone ,
and you can see it in real time on that old phone, ( some even use an old tablet ) .
every 100 to 150 miles your truck "regenerates" the filter , or tries to , if it stops in the middle ,
it will try again when it reaches 66% again , I am sure you have smelled the burnt paint smell
before , that was a regen going on .

when you approach 66% you should try to go for a little longer ride ,
we have no way to know that data unless we get some sort of monitor ,
for 2014 to 2016 the Edge monitor is an option , no good for 2017 and newer models,
but at over $300 the edge monitors is a lot more $$ that the Torque Pro app set-up at
+/- $60 .
other reading material : big thread on Torque Pro app :
https://www.ram1500diesel.com/threads/official-torque-pro-app-thread.1582/
------------------
and different looks of the possible screens to choose from in Torque Pro app :

1 - 4 of 4 Posts