RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck first regenerated at 600 miles then at around 1200 at 3200 now and have not had any regen since 1200 What are you guys seeing on your trucks.

BigHorn Quad cab 4x4 BlackGold /Canyon brown luxury group,protection group,tow pkg.,park sence , remote start

·
Banned
627 Posts
ive never had the "active 3" regen shown on the dash, I hit "active 2" a couple times a night on the highway, but driving around town, like on short trips, I hit "active 2" quite a bit. our trucks really love the open highway, and clean themselves out, I removed my dpf filter before and it was just perfectly clean like brand new.
We have 3 modes of regen. Active 1 which is on constantly based of rpm/boost, Active 2, which goes into a partial regen, (over fuel,) when the front and rear pressure sensor alert to 30% restriction. Emergency 3, which when 80* full will initiate full regen, massive overfuel, evic warning not to shut off until complete or risk a no start condition till reset and dpf cleaned. The emergency 3 is the only condition youll see a 4mpg loss on your evic and oil crankcase contamination.
all 5 of my oil samples show 0% fuel in my oil. I have a ratio of 1/3 idle 2/3 driving, 1300hrs so far at 45000.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Where does it show up on the dash ? I only have 1400 miles on mine and 90 % are highway miles so maybe nothing has happened. :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
My truck first regenerated at 600 miles then at around 1200 at 3200 now and have not had any regen since 1200 What are you guys seeing on your trucks.

BigHorn Quad cab 4x4 BlackGold /Canyon brown luxury group,protection group,tow pkg.,park sence , remote start
My Longhorn has 6,899 miles on the clock and she has regenerated 6 times. I have no idea if that's good or bad but she runs perfect even after 4 CEL's going on and off and on and off....

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
My Longhorn has 6,899 miles on the clock and she has regenerated 6 times. I have no idea if that's good or bad but she runs perfect even after 4 CEL's going on and off and on and off....
Where on the dash does it show that it has regenerated .??

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am just shy of 5k and I have never noticed it on the screen. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've only had 2 active regen's in 9000 mi.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The VM3.0 regens frequently, you just don't know it. There is no message. Anytime the vehicle has more than 20% (or 30%, not sure) soot load in the DPF and driving conditions allow, the motor enters regen and DPF temperatures go to 1200°F. This continues until the regen is complete or the engine idles. Normal duration is 10-15 minutes.

Anyone seeing an EVIC message is idling alot or not taking long enough drives to complete a normal regen. They are one failed regen away from limp mode and a dealer visit.

I have 27k on mine and have never had an EVIC regen warning. I monitor DPF temp with an OBD2 based ScanGuage2 so I know regens are occurring every 150 to 280 miles depending on my driving style.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good info, 12000kms never had a regen message .I do 90% highway driving, over 40 kms each way to work.When snowmobile trails open, will be towing my enclosed trailer every weekend, working the engine at bit harder

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
ive never had the "active 3" regen shown on the dash, I hit "active 2" a couple times a night on the highway, but driving around town, like on short trips, I hit "active 2" quite a bit. our trucks really love the open highway, and clean themselves out, I removed my dpf filter before and it was just perfectly clean like brand new.
We have 3 modes of regen. Active 1 which is on constantly based of rpm/boost, Active 2, which goes into a partial regen, (over fuel,) when the front and rear pressure sensor alert to 30% restriction. Emergency 3, which when 80* full will initiate full regen, massive overfuel, evic warning not to shut off until complete or risk a no start condition till reset and dpf cleaned. The emergency 3 is the only condition youll see a 4mpg loss on your evic and oil crankcase contamination.
all 5 of my oil samples show 0% fuel in my oil. I have a ratio of 1/3 idle 2/3 driving, 1300hrs so far at 45000.
Shawn, since you installed the oil catch can have you noticed any decrease in the number of Active 2 regens you have per evening of towing?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have 7400 miles on mine and it has regened about 6 times. The last time was at 5200 miles but hasn't regened since. Every time it did a regen it would show DPF 90% full and it would take about 10 miles of driving before it would say regen complete. I have only filled my DEF tank up one time in the 7400 miles and it was only at a half a tank then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts