RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last month when I come to stop I start to smell a but of exhaust inside the cab of the truck. As soon as I drive away the smell is gone. It's cold up here so the windows are closed. I have looked around all over the place looking for a leak.....no smoke anywhere other than the end of the exhaust pipe. Nothing under the hood either.
Coincidentally I have the P200A and P2D2D codes that refer to manifold runner problems that seems to be related to EGR issues. Don't know if related or not.
All recalls done except for the latest fuel pressure issue (parts not avail)
Anyone else ?

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Could be the flex joint on the turbo up-pipe. Could also be the flex joint or flange between the DPF and the SCR. I would start looking there for exhaust leaks. Should be easy to follow the carbon deposits.

I also suggest replacing the 2 cab vents behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
You can have a shop weld it, but you're welding compromised metal. Better off welding in a new flex joint.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I was right on where to look for the leak. You should still consider replacing the 2 cab vents.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I have never even looked at those cab events before. What will that accomplish by replacing them?
The exhaust made it into the cab somewhere, and that's a likely location. Water can leak through the vents as well. Cheap and easy to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts