RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a weight loss, and possible sound difference, will a exhaust system from cat back, one that eliminates muffler, worth messing around with?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Worth is up to the individual. I replaced the muffler with a delete pipe from Amazon. Dropped 20 lbs and have a ton more room around the fuel filter. No change in sound. So much easier than any cat-back exhaust.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You can remove the exhaust after the scr and do 3 inch duals like the banks monster exhaust and have almost no change in sound, the scr works as an excellent muffler. But getting rid of the stock scr back exhaust well provide a small egt reduction and a decent weight savings so its not all for waste but not a huge improvement either. The stock tailpipes are 2.25 inch and have built in resonators in them which also are for sound reduction which I dont understand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can remove the exhaust after the scr and do 3 inch duals like the banks monster exhaust and have almost no change in sound, the scr works as an excellent muffler. But getting rid of the stock scr back exhaust well provide a small egt reduction and a decent weight savings so its not all for waste but not a huge improvement either. The stock tailpipes are 2.25 inch and have built in resonators in them which also are for sound reduction which I dont understand.
Did you do the monster?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
My neighbor’s Tesla has a louder exhaust than my ED...LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts