Discussion Starter #1
i'm talking about the 3/36 bumper to bumper
does anyone know how much it is?
how many miles does it extend to?
is it worth the money?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The factory supported warranty options are described at Mopar Vehicle Protection for Dodge. You can get up to 8 years or 120,000 miles with the diesel. You will need the VIN to get a quote.

Note that you can buy a discounted factory warranty from CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. For example, they sell the Maximum Care 8 year/120,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible for $2085.

If you plan to keep the truck over 3 years then the extended warranty seems like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
wow, my dealer wants $1600 to extend my warranty by 1 year and 12,000 miles and it's only a Pentastar, you guys have it good south of the border.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got a 5 year 100000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty from Chrysler for $1600. I think thats a great deal. Anybody else get one? I also got the 3 year 36000 mile maintenance warranty for $345. Thats cheaper than I can buy the oil and filters for, plus its done by a mechanic in their garage.

·
Registered
396 Posts
do these have to be purchased at the time of signing the paper work or can I decide to do it later?

·
Registered
231 Posts
My price had to be at the time of purchase. You can get an extended warranty prior to a certain mileage, but I dont remember what it was. The price does increase if you dont get it at the time of purchase, but your not out of luck.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I got the lifetime warranty for $3000. According to the dealer, that was the employee price.
For the diesel? Everything I have read and heard, including from a Chrysler warranty rep, is that the diesel is excluded from the lifetime option.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Canadian buyers getting only 60,000 miles drivetrain warranty ?

I could be wrong, but it seems like Canadian buyers are being rather shortchanged with the basic factory drivetrain warranty: 100,000 km that is only 60,000 miles and 5 years. In the USA it appears to be 100,000 iles or 160,000 km.
I have sent an email to Chrysler to ask whether this is true. If true, I do not understand why Canadian buyers should be treated that way.:(

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought an extended warranty that extends the factory 3/36 to 5/100. It has a $100 deductible once the 3/36 is done. I paid $1,250 US. It is not by Chrysler but through a reputable warranty company that has been in business for over 30 years. Dealer has used them for the past 15 with no issues. The dealer said the only difference between the "Chrysler" warrant and this one was the name. I asked why I should buy the Chrysler over the other and he said that some people feel better buying the name. I went with the third party and saved $600. I have used the same company through a Ford dealer and had no problems with a warranty repair on two occasions.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bought an extended warranty that extends the factory 3/36 to 5/100. It has a $100 deductible once the 3/36 is done. I paid $1,250 US. It is not by Chrysler but through a reputable warranty company that has been in business for over 30 years. Dealer has used them for the past 15 with no issues. The dealer said the only difference between the "Chrysler" warrant and this one was the name. I asked why I should buy the Chrysler over the other and he said that some people feel better buying the name. I went with the third party and saved $600. I have used the same company through a Ford dealer and had no problems with a warranty repair on two occasions.
do you mind posting who you bought the warranty through? I have never bought a extended warranty but I think I will for this truck. it sounds like everyone is buying through Chrysler. What do you all think about any of the other companies that sell extended warranties.

·
Registered
360 Posts
do you mind posting who you bought the warranty through? I have never bought a extended warranty but I think I will for this truck. it sounds like everyone is buying through Chrysler. What do you all think about any of the other companies that sell extended warranties.
It is through a company in Austin, TX - Preferred Protection Plan. I would base my decision on what your dealer's experience is, how long they have used them, etc. I would also check if the Chrysler plan is underwritten by another company. Chrysler may only be the front end of the service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the diesel? Everything I have read and heard, including from a Chrysler warranty rep, is that the diesel is excluded from the lifetime option.
I grabbed the warranty paperwork for my truck and on the back under vehicles NOT eligible for mechanical coverage, it states

"Vehicles equipped with a Diesel engine (except vehicles manufactured by Chrysler Group LLC, Ford Motor Company, and General Motors)".

·
Registered
360 Posts
I grabbed the warranty paperwork for my truck and on the back under vehicles NOT eligible for mechanical coverage, it states

"Vehicles equipped with a Diesel engine (except vehicles manufactured by Chrysler Group LLC, Ford Motor Company, and General Motors)".
My dealer said the same thing. That is why I went with the third party option. Not lifetime but as good and much less $ than the Chrysler one.

My Son-In-Law bought a Jeep Cherokee with the diesel. He cannot get a lifetime warranty either. His dealer told him they would open up in May. That, might coincide with the 2015 models. Not sure on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
33 Posts
You guys may want to check if you get a loaner vehicle with the 3rd party warranties. Chrysler leaves it up to dealer discretion whether or not a loaner is supplied during warranty work, but they don't cover it. If you buy a Chrysler Max Care warranty, Chrysler covers the loaner while it's in the shop. This is critical for me, so it's one of the reasons I stay away from 3rd party warranties. YMMV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Son-In-Law bought a Jeep Cherokee with the diesel. He cannot get a lifetime warranty either. His dealer told him they would open up in May. That, might coincide with the 2015 models. Not sure on that one.
AFAIK, Chrysler has never had the lifetime option on any diesel. I don't know why they would change it in May.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts