RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Extended Warranty?? 2021 1500 Big Horn EcoDiesel

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  diesel85 
#1 ·
I was looking at Extended warranty posts to get some insight on if I should purchase it. The post were pretty old. Is there any current
recommendations on getting the extended warranty? Right now I'm at 28,500. What kind of a price can I expect to pay. How much is
covered under the extended warranty??

Thanks

#2 ·
I bought the Mopar Max Care warranty for my 2017 Ecodiesel and my current 2021 2500 Cummins. I liked the "bumper to bumper" coverage, especially with owning a diesel. The Ecodiesel Mopar warranty was about $2350 for 5 years/100,000 miles.

For the Cummins, it was cheap. $1930 for an 8 year/100,000 mile coverage. Cummins engines are really expensive, but very reliable.

I also like all the towing/hotel/car rental coverage, along with towing, in NORTH AMERICA. Canada, Mexico, and the USA.

I used these guys, did it all online. Obtaining A Genuine Manufacturer Warranty Quote Is Easy!

Go online and punch in your numbers and see what it costs. What ever you buy, it starts on day one, mile one, not when you buy the warranty.

#6 ·
I bought the Mopar Max Care warranty for my 2017 Ecodiesel and my current 2021 2500 Cummins. I liked the "bumper to bumper" coverage, especially with owning a diesel. The Ecodiesel Mopar warranty was about $2350 for 5 years/100,000 miles.

For the Cummins, it was cheap. $1930 for an 8 year/100,000 mile coverage. Cummins engines are really expensive, but very reliable.

I also like all the towing/hotel/car rental coverage, along with towing, in NORTH AMERICA. Canada, Mexico, and the USA.

I used these guys, did it all online. Obtaining A Genuine Manufacturer Warranty Quote Is Easy!

Go online and punch in your numbers and see what it costs. What ever you buy, it starts on day one, mile one, not when you buy the warranty.
Good afternoon Sourdo,
I put in the numbers and it was about a third of what the dealer quoted me. Is this the same plan as was offered at the RAM dealer?

#3 ·
I remember in the early days of this site many of us purchased warranties from Rodney who was giving us special group pricing, i'm guessing he's moved on but the company is still there they are actually part of a Michigan dealership, but never hurts to get ask and get pricing.

This might help ->Chrysler Warranty Direct

#5 ·
When I bought the truck new, my dealer sold me a Mopar warranty that took the 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper and wrapped it with the 5 year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. In other words, the bumper to bumper is the same as the Powertrain Warranty. I can't remember what i paid for it, but my sales guy (who I trust) believed it was the best deal financially, especially for someone like me that will hit 5 years before 100,000 miles. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I have 5 years of full warranty while making payments. The warranty will expire as my truck is being paid off.

Reactions: keiths487too
#9 · (Edited)
I'm on my second extended Mopar warranty on my 2016. I used Tom Winkles again as he always seems to have the best prices. I shopped 5 discounters, Tom was the best and very helpful, Ziegler was the highest. Same story for my 2020 HO for its first extended warranty.
Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116

Reactions: VernDiesel
#11 ·
Do it. Bet a nickel he's way better than Ziegler. Very nice guy, he no longer works the weekends. Keep us posted
Here's three more that will beat Ziegler
Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356
Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840
Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400

#13 ·
No sales tax for me, I used my Oregon address.

#14 ·
Here is my thread on this topic.

#17 ·
I was looking at Extended warranty posts to get some insight on if I should purchase it. The post were pretty old. Is there any current
recommendations on getting the extended warranty? Right now I'm at 28,500. What kind of a price can I expect to pay. How much is

Thanks
Hi: Denniss58... I've nearly got my 2016, bought in'18, payed off. At 5 C notes a month it's been a long row to ho. I expect to get into more of the expensive repairs NOW!!! For $1900. I got a measly 40,000 kms. of extra B-B coverage but it's expired. Have I ever said Canadians know Ben Dover?
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

#19 ·

Thanks
I called Mopar today...and they said an extended warranty would be a little under $3000 for 3 years 36,000
The gentleman said it was the same warranty I have now . Does that seem like a good deal??

#23 ·
It depends on which gen engine. The Gen 3 is a different animal compared to the Gen 1 and Gen 2 EcoDs.

Hence why I settled on the Gen 3 engine, and why a lot of folks were upset that Stella played cancel culture on it. They put a ton of work into the Gen 3.

However, I played it safe and got the extended warranty mostly due to the electronics -- not so much the Gen 3 engine.

With all that being said, you couldn't pay me to buy a Gen 1 or Gen 2 EcoD truck.

#27 ·

Thanks
I have a 2020 Ltd. and when it hit 36K miles I bought a service contract from the Mfg., under written by Mopar Vehicle Protection. I was reluctant at first cause the drivetrain warranty goes to 100K miles or 60 months whichever occurs first but then I started thinking about all the things on my vehicle that weren't covered by the drivetrain and decided to bite the bullet. I purchased coverage called Maxcare that goes for 8 years/125,000 miles. It cost me $3,700. About 1 month ago my navigation and satelite radio system quit working. The dealer diagnosed the problem and determined the the 12 inch display/radio/climate controls etc called a console would have to be replaced. I checked the part out on Mopar parts and the part alone was close to $1400. My cost with my deductible was $200. I'm probably still about $2000 in arrears but with all the electronics in these new vehicles I feel much more at ease when it comes to any major issues.

#28 ·
I like to have at least one vehicle in my household under a full warranty. My life has been unlucky with vehicles. I have always used a warranty to it's fullest extent and most of the time beyond.

Many years ago I had a 2003 Ford Escape that ate through 4 automatic transmissions within 100k. They would not lemon it, but they kept fixing it along with other odds and ends and giving me loaner cars for as long as it took to get it repaired... usually 4-6 weeks. As long as I had something suitable to replace the vehicle with, I didn't care. But it was annoying to deal with.

After that was a 2007 F150 and the engine block developed a head gasket leak, which Ford replaced the entire engine under the extended warranty.

I will keep renewing the warranty as far as they'll let me go. Cause I'd rather swallow $3-4k for a warranty, than a $10-15k engine, let alone a replacement vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.