RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just wanted to know who went with the extended warranty and if you think it would be worth the extra coverage.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got it. I figured with the lack of history on the ecodiesel engine and fairly new transmission, that it would be smart to get an extended warranty. That being said, you don't necessarily have to get it from Chrysler. I got it from Chrysler partly so I could finance it with the truck and partly to save the time of finding one elsewhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got it - I don't think there is enough information about to tell if there will be problems with the EcoDiesel moving forward

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will get it as the after treatment system is a concern. One problem there the warranty would pay for it self.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I swore I wouldn't ever buy an extended warranty, I had to eat my words. The finance guy starts to tell me about the warranty and I said I've never bought one before. I said go ahead and tell me about it. I got the 5/100,000 Maxcare for 1191. Plus it lowered my interest rate by a total of 340 so basically I got it for 850 . I thought that was to good to pass up even though I don't buy extended warranties.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Do you have to buy the Max Care Warranty at the time of purchase? From your selling dealer? I would like to be able to shop around, as we did with the wife's Honda warranty. Selling dealer wouldn't budge off $1800. Bought from a Honda dealer online-same exact warranty and coverage (HondaCare) for less than $1200.

I'm still on the fence about the Max Care, but $1100 seems to be a fair cost for the coverage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought an extended warranty for my truck today... Truck is just over 2 months old and I had a check engine light on earlier this week and it just came back... I don't want the stress of being without so I took the plunge 7 years / 160000kms... Not cheap $3400 plus hst.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What dealer gave you that price?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just got A quote for a 8 year/ 120,000 mi with $100. deductible Max Care for $2035 Cash Price. Any better out there? Any good oil change contract deals? Maybe we need to talk to these people and set up a group deal...

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is my debate right now as well. I am in Canada but have not got the prices yet. According to the post above it looks like it's about $3400....pretty steep.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i am not too concerned about the extended warranty. The truck comes with a 3 year 36,000 warranty and 100,000 power train warranty. If I have troubles after 100,000 miles i will get her fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What dealer gave you that price?
Peel Chrysler gave me that price... The other dealer I went to offered me $3850 and then he said "I like you kid... Here's what I'm gonna do for you because it's a slow day $3700.
I kept shopping

·
Registered
24 Posts
I passed on the warranty, as with my 06 I did buy it, and within 3 years I had 120,000 miles on it, however at 93,000 I needed some work done on it, and Boerney Dodge said I needed $7,000.00 worth of work as my complete fuel system was contaminated so they canceled it. I did some research, and testing and replaced the in-tank fuel pump, and now have 216,000 miles on it, oh yeah those injectors are only good for 125,000 each time. I may get one of the aftermarket "insurance" policies, but not with the factory influence of denying the claim.

I realized I will put the 100,000 miles on in about 3 years, the dealer offered warranty was a lot cheaper with the shortened term as well, so you may review your annual expected mileage to get the best deal.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts